E-bikes remaining as vulnerable users.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
Riding at 15 mph on a road is too slow. It causes a hazard to cars

Which means probably 70-80% of cyclists are "causing a hazard" according to you. And almost all cyclists as soon as you hit an uphill stretch.

That is really a rather ridiculous suggestion.

OP
OP
S

Squirrel Chaser

Which means probably 70-80% of cyclists are "causing a hazard" according to you. And almost all cyclists as soon as you hit an uphill stretch.

That is really a rather ridiculous suggestion.
Yep, shouldn't be on the roads , dangerous.
Go round a corner traveling twice as fast as the bike and boom there it is.
It's dangerous end of.
How more cyclists don't get run over is beyond me

OP
OP
S

Squirrel Chaser

So do I, quite frequently. On downhills, or on the flat when I am pushing fairly hard. But I couldn't "easily" keep up 20mph while just "tootling around", and I don't believe many of us could.

And people riding e-bikes are less likely to be the type of young and fit individuals who could do so.
Go around 22- 25 mph on my trike and that has no motor other than me.

Alex321

Veteran
Go around 22- 25 mph on my trike and that has no motor other than me.

Seriously?

On the flat, solo, for anything more than a few hundred yards?

If you can really do what you claim, then you are genuinely at the level of a pretty high standard competitive racing cyclist.

On a decent regular road bike, I could believe it. But a trike is inherently heavier and less aerodynamic. The effort required to keep up that speed is much higher than most could manage.

Alex321

Veteran
Class 1
You try driving a lorry with stupid bikes on the road doing 15 mph

They aren't really going to notice the difference between a bike going at 15mph and one going at 20mph, except on the 20 limit roads.

OP
OP
S

Squirrel Chaser

Seriously?

On the flat, solo, for anything more than a few hundred yards?

If you can really do what you claim, then you are genuinely at the level of a pretty high standard competitive racing cyclist.

On a decent regular road bike, I could believe it. But a trike is inherently heavier and less aerodynamic. The effort required to keep up that speed is much higher than most could manage.
Wrong
A trike is faster all day long

Top Bottom