E-bikes remaining as vulnerable users.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
Lol
😂😂😂
When you drive at 50 mph in a country lane this is a fair speed and not exceeding the speed limit in any way.

If you believe that "not exceeding the speed limit in any way" means it is a "fair speed", then you REALLY should not be on the road.

Only a lunatic would drive anywhere near 50mph on many of the country lanes round here, even if the speed limit is 60.
You really think 50 is a "fair speed" on a road like this?
https://www.google.com/maps/@51.488...c7BR4b2A!2e0!7i16384!8i8192!5m1!1e3?entry=ttu
1697638425013.png

Stupid cyclists that wander around at 15mph are very dangerous especially with headphones on and two abreast on left hand bends.
Like I said I'm surprised more don't get run over as the current standard of cycles on the road is extremely poor.
My driving is just fine thanks.

Either you are deliberately trolling (which I am more and more believing), or your driving is nowhere near "fine".

OP
OP
S

Squirrel Chaser

If you believe that "not exceeding the speed limit in any way" means it is a "fair speed", then you REALLY should not be on the road.

Only a lunatic would drive anywhere near 50mph on many of the country lanes round here, even if the speed limit is 60.
You really think 50 is a "fair speed" on a road like this?
https://www.google.com/maps/@51.488...c7BR4b2A!2e0!7i16384!8i8192!5m1!1e3?entry=ttu
View attachment 710530

Either you are deliberately trolling (which I am more and more believing), or your driving is nowhere near "fine".
That's a good road where I live. Most would drive that at 60 mph .
The tractors do 30 along roads like that with trailers on...
Don't see what your problem is but to ride a bike at a slow speed on a road like that is definitely dangerous.... Mostly for the cyclists.

CXRAndy

Guru
If you find riding an e-assist bike "easy" at 20mph when solo on the flat, then you are close to a professional level cyclist

You'll find Professional riders can maintain 25mph solo on a flat event. Speeds of 30mph and more when riding in a Peleton are common place.

I believe 20 mph should be the assist level. It would transform the Suburban commute

OP
OP
S

Squirrel Chaser

Weirdly, there is a class one driving "cyclist" in one of the Facebook groups I frequent.

He also has a really strong dislike of cyclists.

Very odd
Unfortunately 90% of cycles ridden on the road now cause a hazard and this is down to the riders education.
Very poor.
I cycle every day sometimes twice yet still dislike the way others use the road.
They deserve to get abused by car drivers in my opinion.

OP
OP
S

Squirrel Chaser

Posts moderated.

Shame , I guess the truth isn't liked by some.

classic33

Leg End Member
You'll find Professional riders can maintain 25mph solo on a flat event. Speeds of 30mph and more when riding in a Peleton are common place.

I believe 20 mph should be the assist level. It would transform the Suburban commute
Well the average daily speed in this years TdF was 25.74 mph.

I'm agree with the court on the speed limit, 20 kp/h should be the top speed allowed.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Class 1
You try driving a lorry with stupid bikes on the road doing 15 mph
As a previous commercial vehicle driver, a current driving enthusiast (some may say 'petrol head'), a family chauffeur and a utility cyclist, I can honestly say that people like you should be permanently banned from ever being in control of a powered form of transport.

I've read the whole thread and all I can see is you are a class 1 troll. I'm clinging to the hope this is true, because if you truly believe what you have posted then it is only a matter of time before you MURDER an innocent road user.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Hmmmmm, now there's a thing! Seems like a recent joiner to the forum has spouted some pretty controversial opinions shortly after getting here and then, judging by some other posts, quickly accelerated the antagonism. Funny as I thought they had been here for a couple of months, shows how much attention I pay to the goings on at cyclechat :laugh:

Screenshot_20231018-231828~2.png

One can only assume they are here 'just for the fight' and will soon be shown the door? It's a shame really, as we could really do with showing his type that cyclists are just like him.

At the base level we are just all simply husbands, children, wifes, parents, partners, siblings, fiancé's, colleagues, friends, etc wanting to get somewhere, to meet people, to work, to shop, to go home, without being killed by inattentive, impatient, distracted drivers in heavy metal killing machines!

Not much to ask really?

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Just to add some balance to this thread. I can honestly say that some of the best driving I experience on the roads comes from professional and hgv/lgv drivers.

I might be reading more into this than there really is, but I always feel that the way I behave around commercial drivers is picked up by the drivers? I will always make the extra effort, that little push of speed if holding them up, just hang back at the lights if I see they will likely be needing to pass me soon afterwards, pull into a layby or gateway if it looks like being a long haul on a narrow road before they can safely pass me, etc. Treat them the way I would want to be treated etc. I will raise my right hand off the bars in a little gesture of thanks for their patience and often get a little toot toot of recognition for the consideration. In that moment it always feels like we have somehow bonded, somehow they know I'm one of them and they are maybe one of me, later to be riding home from work after a long, frustrating day behind the wheel.

This seems a long way away from the world squirrel chaser is portraying?

classic33

Leg End Member
Just to add some balance to this thread. I can honestly say that some of the best driving I experience on the roads comes from professional and hgv/lgv drivers.

I might be reading more into this than there really is, but I always feel that the way I behave around commercial drivers is picked up by the drivers? I will always make the extra effort, that little push of speed if holding them up, just hang back at the lights if I see they will likely be needing to pass me soon afterwards, pull into a layby or gateway if it looks like being a long haul on a narrow road before they can safely pass me, etc. Treat them the way I would want to be treated etc. I will raise my right hand off the bars in a little gesture of thanks for their patience and often get a little toot toot of recognition for the consideration. In that moment it always feels like we have somehow bonded, somehow they know I'm one of them and they are maybe one of me, later to be riding home from work after a long, frustrating day behind the wheel.

This seems a long way away from the world squirrel chaser is portraying?
I used to be passed by upwards of a hundred HGV's a day, on local "A" roads, to and from work. And aside from one incident, the driver drove into the cycle lane to try and stop me, the rest would leave a margin when passing me.
Even going uphill they acknowledged the fact I was slower and stayed behind, and I'd pull off the first chance I got, letting them pass.

Top Bottom