East Yorkshire Big G Cyclosportive 2010 (July)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
craigwend

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
I, like Admin would like a 7:30 start, or as near as possible, particually if the weather is like this,

Bandini you may be a bit 'tired' or not, after for a drink and full after your pie and chips :smile:

Also does anyone fancy a meet up to watch the race / crit on the Friday night?

hulver

Fat bloke on a bike
Arch said:
Well, I think last year we started sometime between 8.30 and 9ish. AA reckon 45 mins to do York to Bev. Depends how early you want to get up really - I can be as early as you need.

I'll be lucky to do 10mph average I think, I'm probably looking at 6-7 hours, so don't want to start too late.

That's a point - I get the feeling you're quicker than me - do you mind waiting for me at the end? If you were in a hurry to get off, let me know, I can still stay over if necessary...

I won't be quicker than you, I'm doing it on fixed. :tongue: You might have to wait for me at the end. I don't mind waiting either way.

8:30 start would be good for me, I don't want to finish too late either, all the food might be gone. I think a 7:30 pickup would be good, so we get time to park and register and do all the general furtling around you have to do at the start of these things.

Arch

Married to Night Train
7.30 is fine. We can arrange details by PM nearer the time. I'll either have the trike at home (central) or at the lockup, but can get to wherever suits you for a pick up to avoid too much York traffic.

Fixed.... You're bonkers.:tongue:

OP
OP
craigwend

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Arch said:
Fixed.... You're bonkers.:tongue:

This route is ideal for the rider looking for a challenging and scenic day enjoying the spectacular views and rolling hills of the Yorkshire Wolds. Using the first and last 40 kms of the longer route it misses out the middle third but still packs 1350meters of climbing into its 100-kilometre route. Featured climbs include Life Hill (Sledmere), Fimber, Thixendale Wold, and Nunburnholme.

http://www.eastyorkshireclassic.co.uk/Cyclosportive/docs/Big G 100 km Elevation.pdf

Bonkers indeed - then again Arch what are you riding?

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Bandini said:
Nice one Solty. Been doing lots of shorter rides but not managed to fit any decent ones in. Do you and Velo fancy one this weekend?
I think I will try for a silver - will probably need a back wind and a bit of luck but gonna give it a shot!

Can make it for a ride on Sunday & we'll try one or two of the hills on the sportive if you like;) Meet at the Minster around 10?

Fiona N

Veteran
Soltydog said:
I'm likely to be meeting up with Velocidad for the 100k. I doubt we'll achieve a gold time, or even a silver come to think of it, but we'll try & enjoy the ride :smile: You're welcome to come along with us. Any other CC'ers want to join in too? CC jerseys optional xx(

I'm looking for a nice day out too, rather than a race, so I'd be happy to join you although I will be wearing one of my newly acquired ShuttVR jerseys unless it seems like it will really be a scorcher (:sad: in which case I'll break out the sleeveless Castelli jersey normally reserved for riding in Italy :smile:

Arch

Married to Night Train
craigwend said:
Bonkers indeed - then again Arch what are you riding?

Yebbut - I'll be going downhill freewheeling with my grin smeared back to my ears, while Hulver's legs will be whizzing round like mad....

Bandini

Sounds good Solty - see you there!

Bandini

Fiona N said:
I'm looking for a nice day out too, rather than a race, so I'd be happy to join you although I will be wearing one of my newly acquired ShuttVR jerseys unless it seems like it will really be a scorcher (:biggrin: in which case I'll break out the sleeveless Castelli jersey normally reserved for riding in Italy :angry:

I will be wearing my Shutt VR - hot or not! I love it - and was very upset when I got brambled whilst walking down a back passage - pulled!! Just ordered some slightly better shorts too - my ultra cheap ones were not the comfiest!

Bandini

craigwend said:
Bandini you may be a bit 'tired' or not, after for a drink and full after your pie and chips :biggrin:

Nah!! Be ready to sit and chill with a few Guinnesses! I live within crawling distance and w'oor lass can help me push my bike!

We should arrange a pub to meet at if anyone fancies it?

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Fiona N said:
I'm looking for a nice day out too, rather than a race, so I'd be happy to join you although I will be wearing one of my newly acquired ShuttVR jerseys unless it seems like it will really be a scorcher (:biggrin: in which case I'll break out the sleeveless Castelli jersey normally reserved for riding in Italy :angry:

You're more than welcome to tag along, as long as you dont mind us slowing you down, maybe Arch will be with us too, on the flat, then ahead on the downhills & lagging behind on the uphills :sad:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Bandini said:
Ha ha! 9hrs 5 mins - but had four pints! Forgot you were working - I'll have one for you!

I managed to get the day off in the end, but have other plans now for the afternoon & could do with being finished & on my way home by about 3

Top Bottom