Easter weekend DIY accidents............unbelievable

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Just listening to this on the radio. Apparently Easter is (one of) the busiest times of the year in A&E
One guy mowing the lawn while earing flip flops..........mowed his feet.
Another was drilling some timber and in order to get more "purchase" leaned on the wood and drilled towards him............only to drill straight into his groin...arrrrgggghhhh
One guy hammering a nail in.......somehow it ended up in his skull-next to his eye.
Lots more...........very scary :eek:

Drago

Legendary Member
I know a chap, was cutting concrete slabs with a big grinder, slipped, took his foot 3/4 off. Was awful, couldn't put ketchup on my bacon for hours after.

A guy in one of the bike workshops I knew pulled on a cable with a pair of longnose pliers. The pliers slipped off the cable and he stabbed his eye with the pliers. His next eye may well shatter if he tries that again.

Every time after that when snacking on a sheep's head, I declined the eyes.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A guy in one of the bike workshops I knew pulled on a cable with a pair of longnose pliers. The pliers slipped off the cable and he stabbed his eye with the pliers.
Yikes!

Not as bad as that, but I punched myself in one eye on a forum ride once ... It had started off chilly so I was wearing armwarmers. It warmed up later on so I stopped to take them off. They were a bit tight so I was pulling quite hard when one suddenly came loose! :laugh:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Yikes!

Not as bad as that, but I punched myself in one eye on a forum ride once ... It had started off chilly so I was wearing armwarmers. It warmed up later on so I stopped to take them off. They were a bit tight so I was pulling quite hard when one suddenly came loose! :laugh:
I've done that pulling a pair on at home. Bloody well hurts, doesn't it?

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
A friend of mine was cutting a sheet of wood with a circular saw and held the off cut a bit too close to the line he was cutting . His hand has a nice angle across three fingers :eek:

Top Bottom