Easter weekend DIY accidents............unbelievable

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Dave7, 7 Apr 2017.

Tags:
  1. Dave7

Dave7 Guru

Just listening to this on the radio. Apparently Easter is (one of) the busiest times of the year in A&E
    One guy mowing the lawn while earing flip flops..........mowed his feet.
    Another was drilling some timber and in order to get more "purchase" leaned on the wood and drilled towards him............only to drill straight into his groin...arrrrgggghhhh
    One guy hammering a nail in.......somehow it ended up in his skull-next to his eye.
    Lots more...........very scary :eek:

2. Drago

Drago Guru

I know a chap, was cutting concrete slabs with a big grinder, slipped, took his foot 3/4 off. Was awful, couldn't put ketchup on my bacon for hours after.

Dirk and swansonj like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Dave7

Dave7 Guru

How terrible................did you have to change to brown sauce ?

theloafer, Dirk, Rooster1 and 3 others like this.
  4. Crackle

Crackle Squatter

I can do all of that without it being Easter.

5. Yellow Saddle

Yellow Saddle Veteran

A guy in one of the bike workshops I knew pulled on a cable with a pair of longnose pliers. The pliers slipped off the cable and he stabbed his eye with the pliers. His next eye may well shatter if he tries that again.

Every time after that when snacking on a sheep's head, I declined the eyes.

Drago likes this.
  6. ColinJ

ColinJ It's a puzzle ...

Yikes!

Not as bad as that, but I punched myself in one eye on a forum ride once ... It had started off chilly so I was wearing armwarmers. It warmed up later on so I stopped to take them off. They were a bit tight so I was pulling quite hard when one suddenly came loose! :laugh:

7. MontyVeda

MontyVeda a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

if you have to put ketchup on your bacon, there's something wrong with your bacon.

Drago and Rooster1 like this.
  8. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

I've done that pulling a pair on at home. Bloody well hurts, doesn't it?

ColinJ likes this.
  9. Cuchilo

Cuchilo Prize winning member X2

A friend of mine was cutting a sheet of wood with a circular saw and held the off cut a bit too close to the line he was cutting . His hand has a nice angle across three fingers :eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice