Eat lead, punk!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Nothing exciting here.

SMK 19 .22 Springer rifle. Stripped and rebuilt with a Welsh Willy tuning kit, 6x BSA scope and bipod. People.sneer at the Chinese gear, but it puts lead on target as well as anything else.

Diana Model 25 .177 rifle, date stamped 1971. Unmodified, open sights.

AirForce CP 1 pistol. Bit of an oddball this as its really a target pistol, but I bought this one in .22 which makes for an excellent ratter.

My Step Bro has a local permission so I sometimes hunt with him. Otherwise there's a range close to work I visit once a month or so, and I've a 15M range with a good solid back stop at home. All weapons kept secure at home and the ammo kept separate.

Been doing a lot of plinking to pass the time while I've been off, over 1000 rounds, and I'm doing cloverleaf groupings on the SMK.seated at 15 metres, and 15mm groupings with the AirForce.

Last edited:

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
I'm an NSRA YPS Tutor. We've got a bunch of Diana .177s that myself and another Scout Leader teach the Scouts to shoot with. I had a Webley Vulcan .22 as a kid and used to do a lot of vermin control at my grandparents farm.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I had a Webley air pistol when I was a teenager. That was about 45 years ago, before fears of (non-IRA) terrorism, so it didn't occur to me that wandering around our local fields shooting at tin cans etc. might get me into trouble.

One of the favourite TV shows at the time was The Untouchables so on one particular afternoon I played Elliot Ness and several of my mates played the aforementioned Untouchables. We spotted Al Capone (a large thrush) hiding in the bushes and I shouted at him to give himself up. Capone broke cover and made a run for it (took off and flew away). I loaded up my machine gun (Webley pistol), aimed at Capone (pointed the gun at a spot about 10 feet in front of the flying thrush) and squeezed the trigger. I watched in horrified fascination as the trajectories of the bullet (pellet) and Capone met and he fell to the ground, mortally wounded ...

My mates were whooping in amazement at how I had felled a fleeing Al Capone with just one shot. I was staring at a dead thrush with a pellet embedded in its head, and feeling totally sick at what I had just done ...

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I'm an NSRA YPS Tutor. We've got a bunch of Diana .177s that myself and another Scout Leader teach the Scouts to shoot with. I had a Webley Vulcan .22 as a kid and used to do a lot of vermin control at my grandparents farm.

One of our scout instructors offered a tenner to anyone that could get five in the bull on one of our weekends, on my turn I walked up put all the rounds in the bull and the instructor declared the tenner was only for the kids ^_^. Only time I've been cool in the eyes of my lad, so the lost tenner was worth it.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I think you two need to get a room

He's seen a photo of my air rifle...

Tin Pot

Guru
Holy Cameron mother of Clegg! Where do these eejuts come from? How do they survive into adulthood?

Haha!

Thats nothing. As well as shooting gat guns, we used to throw darts and knives at each other : one stands in front of a dart board, the other tries to hit the dart board.

We didn't get any serious injuries. One dart in the face, and a high kick that brained my buddy, but it was all a bit of a laugh.

The knife catching game was probably a bit daft too.

Oh, the memories. I'd forgotten all about that stuff - cheers!

MikeW-71

Veteran
I had a try at a local shooting club with rifle and pistol. Got on OK with them, then one of the head guys turned up with a muzzle-loading pistol he'd acquired and everyone who was there that night got to have a go with it, including me (bending the rules slightly). It was a fun thing to shoot, lots of smoke and noise and not much recoil at all. I've no idea if the ball even hit the target :biggrin:

I never took up shooting further though, it just didn't seem to be me.

Mr Celine

Discordian
Diana .177 with open sights used occasionally for shooting rabbits that help themselves to the veg in my garden.
The last one I got ran about 10 yards after I fired then keeled over and died without any sign of external injury. Mrs Celine reckoned it had died laughing at my marksmanship. The post mortem / preping it for the pot revealed that the pellet had passed straight through it's heart.
If I want to the keep the airgun I'm going to have to get a licence for it sometime soon.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Diana .177 with open sights used occasionally for shooting rabbits that help themselves to the veg in my garden.
The last one I got ran about 10 yards after I fired then keeled over and died without any sign of external injury. Mrs Celine reckoned it had died laughing at my marksmanship. The post mortem / preping it for the pot revealed that the pellet had passed straight through it's heart.
If I want to the keep the airgun I'm going to have to get a licence for it sometime soon.

As long as the muzzle energy is 12ftlb or less then you don't need a licence (I'm presuming you're in the UK)

Top Bottom