Eating raw meat.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tom...

Veteran
I've been in a Tokyo restaurant where chicken sashimi was on the menu. It was just lightly seared on the outside. We couldn't brig ourselves to order it, which is just from years of being told it will. Make you ill. But the Japanese don't have salmonella issues with their chicken so gladly eat it.

Raw fish however I can eat all day long, and a scallop fresh from the shell is a thing of beauty.

Chicken tartare was on a lot of menus in Tokyo too :stop:

presta

Guru
Can you imagine a slaughter house in a town centre nowadays?
43 years ago I used to work 100 yards downwind of Copsey's slaughterhouse in Great Baddow. We were never in any doubt as to when they were having a clear-out, but fortunately that was only occasionally. :wacko:

DRM

Guru
Can you imagine a slaughter house in a town centre nowadays? Especially when the weather gets a bit warmer and there's no real breeze to blow the smell/taste away.

I also when younger, used to play amongst the carcasses hanging in the yard. Two relatives were butchers by trade.

Not at all, there was one on Flanshaw industrial estate in Wakefield, now closed but you could smell it when they slaughtering, mainly sheep, it was a bit sad really when the animal transporter turned up with all those sheep looking out the sides, I always wondered if they could smell that this was not a place they wanted to be

Top Bottom