Ebay and auction watch: let us know if you see something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

southcoast

Über Member

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
There is later Coventry Eagle bike on eBay. Which could probably be regarded as a spiritual successor to the Falcon and Clements Super Pro’s. Made about the time that Barry Hoban was running the factory in Wales?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Coventry...m-Built-In-1986-Great-Condition-/302799945379

Could be non original forks as Reynolds label clearly says 531 forks yet forks are tange labeled ??

midlife

Guru
Same seller has a more recent and slightly smaller Woodrup frame in stainless - maybe a teensy bit too recent for this part of the forum(?), but very nice!

Is that the red one with polished lugs and the odd Viner Decal.? Stamped KS under the BB so one of Kevin Sayles finest :smile:?

Alan O

Über Member
While I understand it for cheap bikes, it surprises me that sellers of relatively expensive bikes aren't prepared to pack and ship them - insisting on local collection only greatly reduces their chance of a sale.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
While I understand it for cheap bikes, it surprises me that sellers of relatively expensive bikes aren't prepared to pack and ship them - insisting on local collection only greatly reduces their chance of a sale.

Carriage can add £30 to the selling price so makes it more expensive but yes it does open the market

Alan O

Über Member
Carriage can add £30 to the selling price so makes it more expensive but yes it does open the market
Yes, and I also see plenty sold by auction rather than fixed price, or "make me an offer" - and even, say, a subsidized £20 shipping charge would surely attract higher bids.

Top Bottom