Ebay and auction watch: let us know if you see something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru

Interesting frame, the half chamfered and pointy ends to the seat and chain stays are very 70's Holdsworth..

Holdsworth Chronometro

2janm7d.jpg

Ebay frame

s-l300.jpg

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Interesting frame, the half chamfered and pointy ends to the seat and chain stays are very 70's Holdsworth..

Holdsworth Chronometro

View attachment 426040

Ebay frame

View attachment 426041

well its a Woodrup

"Kevin Sayles Most definately a Woodrup. It has our signature 'chunky' seat stay top treatment we called DH tops after the late former UK Pro champion Danny Horton. and yes we used to crimp the stay tips that way when the tubing wasn't heat treated. I'd say mid to late 70s "

midlife

Guru
well its a Woodrup

"Kevin Sayles Most definately a Woodrup. It has our signature 'chunky' seat stay top treatment we called DH tops after the late former UK Pro champion Danny Horton. and yes we used to crimp the stay tips that way when the tubing wasn't heat treated. I'd say mid to late 70s "

Every day a school day :smile:. Did you contact Kevin?

midlife

Guru
From memory I remember the chunky seat stay cluster from their track frames as was the style back then for a stiff rear end lol

Road frames too :smile:

Woodrup_4.jpg

Falcon Super Pro if memory serves :smile:. On my watch list now. Thanks :smile:
Now that's a beauty, is that a good price or is he asking a bit over the odds there? I see he'll take an offer (I'm not gonna nick this from you Sean, just academic interest :smile:)

Every day a school day :smile:. Did you contact Kevin?
I've never noticed how the ends differ so much, so I spent a fair few minutes looking at other frames

midlife

Guru
Now that's a beauty, is that a good price or is he asking a bit over the odds there? I see he'll take an offer (I'm not gonna nick this from you Sean, just academic interest :smile:)

I've never noticed how the ends differ so much, so I spent a fair few minutes looking at other frames

Nice Falcon for sure and rare nowadays, not bidding just watching as I have a few pot boilers. At the upper end of the price bracket.

Frame details are fascinating, Here's a Holdsworth Special seat cluster, quite like the Woodrup but not the same..

2014-07-10%2B10.14.59.jpg

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it

It's amazing how much stuff we just don't notice till someone else points it out to you

Top Bottom