Ebay and auction watch: let us know if you see something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
For those on TheSaleRoom.com or near Leyland in Lancashire, there's a very nice looking AS Gillott listed as a Raleigh (with an estimate of £10-£20!) here

There's a very nice Claud Butler 3 lots earlier (£20-£40 est) and an equally nice Mercian 2 lots later.

If I was up that way for work I'd be keeping schtum and bidding on all 3 :okay:

i have been trying to work out how i can have a day out to attend the auction but so far i have failed

midlife

Guru
True - there's a big chance that I'm wrong! My research was pretty cursory and basically involved googling "Nervex lugs Zeus dropouts" and one of the things that cropped up was a Carlton Professional and the frame number (C2763) would fit as a 1968 Carlton build according to this:
http://threespeedhub.com/raleigh-professional-1972-mark-iv/

other Raleigh/Carlton possibilities would be an International or a Competition. But it could be something completely different...

Yep, the frame number did strike me as being Carlton, the problem with this era (and before) is that you could ask for changes to be made to the frame so it didn't exactly match the brochure. Nice though :smile:

Tempted when up that way to check that place myself.

As to the "prices" quoted - aren't they just starting prices for bidding?

I had a look at the records of past sold prices and "hammer" prices often seemed a fair bit higher on quality stuff.

Though not insanely so.

Tempted when up that way to check that place myself.

As to the "prices" quoted - aren't they just starting prices for bidding?

I had a look at the records of past sold prices and "hammer" prices often seemed a fair bit higher on quality stuff.

Though not insanely so.

The "prices" are just auctioneer's estimates and, as the Gillott demonstrates, very often the auctioneer knows little about vintage bikes! The bidding will probably start lower but go higher than the estimates.

mikeymustard

Veteran
A very tidy Dawes Imperial here.
Bit more than I'd be happy to pay but v.tidy
s-l1600.jpg

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I like that pro am, whereabouts is it?

Paddock wood in Kent

Top Bottom