Ebay and auction watch: let us know if you see something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
must be a fast bike though - it didn't stay still long enough to get a sharp photograph :whistle:
No doubt the advertiser was laughing so much at the price he is asking that he very nearly dropped the camera!!

nonowt

Über Member
@Boon 51 I'd say they're both around 22". The Raleigh is a late 70's/early 80's Cameo. My re-introduction to cycling was commuting on the male version, the excellently named Connoisseur, which I rode happily until one day the head tube cracked! The Cameo looks like it still has the Sturmey Archer hub so will just need a shifter, toggle chain, cable and a bit of fettling to recommission.

I like that Motobecane. These French town bike tend to be quite stylish and I'd definitely rather have alloy rims and Weinmann's than steel and generic Raleigh brakes in the wet. The only thing to caution about is that French bikes of this era often have non-standard threads (BB, headset and pedals) and the stems are 22mm instead of 22.2mm (aka 1"). hmmm, that rear hub is unusual - I wonder what it is? ...found it: it's a Sachs Orbit Hybrid-Gear.

Soltydog

Legendary Member

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A vintage Radior in West Yorkshire, £25 start price. I like it: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Radior-gents-Vintage-French-Bicycle-green/283375090903

s-l1600.jpg

Top Bottom