Ebay and auction watch: let us know if you see something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer

That seller always tries to charge four or five times the going rate for all their stuff. There must be a lot of really dumb hipsters around with more money than sense. Ladies bikes generally sell for less than mens ones and there are lots to choose from. Be hard-nosed and don't overpay!

Saw this Pug on ebay last night. It states it's a 65cm frame which got my interest in it as a new project, but the headtube suggested it's not.

Anyway I messaged the seller and asked him to check the size and he's sent me these pics;

Pug 1.jpg Pug 2.jpg

I'd call it a 58cm myself, but just thought I'd put it on here in case anyone, (not naming names @biggs682 :laugh:), was looking at it but was put off by thinking it was 65cm.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Saw this Pug on ebay last night. It states it's a 65cm frame which got my interest in it as a new project, but the headtube suggested it's not.

Anyway I messaged the seller and asked him to check the size and he's sent me these pics;

View attachment 451687 View attachment 451688

I'd call it a 58cm myself, but just thought I'd put it on here in case anyone, (not naming names @biggs682 :laugh:), was looking at it but was put off by thinking it was 65cm.

I would call that more like 57

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Being a taller rider myself & looking for the bigger frames, I don't think I've ever seen an old 65cm frame, lucky to find the occasional 25" (64cm in modern money) but what's a cm between friends?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
We all need a 3 speed sturmey archer equipped bike in our life , they are good fun to ride

The SA hub gear must be one of the most significant inventions in the entire history of cycling. It's up there with the concept of the safety bicycle, which is the origin of every triangulated frame design ever since. For utility riding I reckon SA hubs beat derailleurs hands down, so long as the terrain isn't too hilly. Traffic riding almost becomes a pleasure when you're on a bike that can never be stuck in the wrong gear for starting off again.
Just off in a minute myself for a spin on a gas pipe 3-speed as it happens. Cheap & cheerful and financially worthless, but a nice riding bike nonetheless.

Top Bottom