Ebay and auction watch: let us know if you see something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You can put in an offer on but is this priced right or too high.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pearson-...dbuilt-Reynolds-531-frame-superb/143094034601

In that superb condition, I honestly think it's well worth the asking price.

nonowt

Über Member

oh, I love that! Late '40s/ early 50s according to my google translation of this page, which says that Radior went bust in 1955. Beware though: if you look closely the hubs, crank, rims, etc. have all been painted silver (with Hammerite?).

You can put in an offer on but is this priced right or too high.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pearson-...dbuilt-Reynolds-531-frame-superb/143094034601

That's a difficult one. I'd say it is priced too high based on current market prices (which are terrible for sellers!). Probably something similar could be had for around £100-150 if your willing to keep searching and waiting. But it looks to be in great condition and it has a full 105 groupset and I wouldn't feel ripped off paying closer to the asking price. To put it another way: is it worth £245 if you're going to keep and ride it? Yes. Would you get your money back should you sell it on? probably not. Try £180 or risk it not selling and being relisted at a lower price?

Not a Rudge but a very nice 70's Evans in Sussex. £100 start.

Also in Sussex: there looks to be a quality '50s frame under the Hammerite. GB 531 stem, Brooks B17 and GB brakes are worth more than the £35 start.

Not cheap but really quite special and probably quite rare: Saxon twin-tube tandem.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
To put it another way: is it worth £245 if you're going to keep and ride it? Yes. Would you get your money back should you sell it on? probably not. Try £180 or risk it not selling and being relisted at a lower price?

Also in Sussex: there looks to be a quality '50s frame under the Hammerite. GB 531 stem, Brooks B17 and GB brakes are worth more than the £35 start.

Agree re re sale on the Pearson

And yes 2 crackers there for sure

Boon 51

Veteran
oh, I love that! Late '40s/ early 50s according to my google translation of this page, which says that Radior went bust in 1955. Beware though: if you look closely the hubs, crank, rims, etc. have all been painted silver (with Hammerite?).

That's a difficult one. I'd say it is priced too high based on current market prices (which are terrible for sellers!). Probably something similar could be had for around £100-150 if your willing to keep searching and waiting. But it looks to be in great condition and it has a full 105 groupset and I wouldn't feel ripped off paying closer to the asking price. To put it another way: is it worth £245 if you're going to keep and ride it? Yes. Would you get your money back should you sell it on? probably not. Try £180 or risk it not selling and being relisted at a lower price?

Not cheap but really quite special and probably quite rare: Saxon twin-tube tandem.

I might message him and ask to have a look at it on Saturday.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Nice old bike here. Looks like a Raleigh badge on the head tube. Makes me wonder why the seller doesn't put the front wheel back on, considering it has a quick release hub. Maybe a non-mechanical, non-cyclist inherited it in its present (not too bad) condition?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-...m=223386307594&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Boon 51

Veteran

I went to this shop in Canterbury and its someone who sells bikes for a charity but no one is ever there and the answer phone never gets answered, the barber shop next door said he hasn't seen the bloke for ages so I gave up, even the charity shop has no idea whats going on?
Very odd?

Top Bottom