Ebay and auction watch: let us know if you see something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Well that Grupetto went for a LOT more than I'd expected :ohmy:
Certainly a bit more than I was expecting from the bids at the time, but it seems reasonable for what's present. As you've probably seen the frames are/were c. £900 new and the Dura Ace bits have to be worth a reasonable wedge - there's a complete DA 50th anniversary groupset on one of the euro ebay incarnations for about 600 Euros IIRC and those wheels can't be ten a penny - a set of apparently similar ones went for £300 here..

I'm taking a punt on that, it's actually owned by the guy who reviewed it for the CTC back in the 90s and he bought it as he liked it so much. Will certainly be an upgrade to my Reynolds 500 frame.
Excellent work - glad it's gone to someone on here. Looks like a really nice practical bike for not a silly amount of money. Let us know how you get on :becool:

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Certainly a bit more than I was expecting from the bids at the time, but it seems reasonable for what's present. As you've probably seen the frames are/were c. £900 new and the Dura Ace bits have to be worth a reasonable wedge - there's a complete DA 50th anniversary groupset on one of the euro ebay incarnations for about 600 Euros IIRC and those wheels can't be ten a penny - a set of apparently similar ones went for £300 here..

Excellent work - glad it's gone to someone on here. Looks like a really nice practical bike for not a silly amount of money. Let us know how you get on :becool:

Unfortunately I didn't actually win, I was right untill the end, i cannot really afford to splash too much at the moment.

I'll keep looking for a nice frame.b

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Now, this looks classy "Vintage Carlton" in Litchfield.

https://bid.richardwinterton.co.uk/...-details/9e8df5dc-7d4d-4daf-8814-aed300b89f85

f4114696-22cb-4e8a-a3a8-aed30104fbc0.jpg

c85f4d8f-889a-45c4-a8fc-aed30104fe91.jpg

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Unfortunately I didn't actually win, I was right untill the end, i cannot really afford to splash too much at the moment.

I'll keep looking for a nice frame.b

Sorry to hear that - tbh with the cost of fuel currently I'm certainly only considering things that are pretty local.. good luck finding an alternative :smile:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it

Top Bottom