Ebay and auction watch: let us know if you see something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it

From the Retro bike Claud butler guru

Screenshot_20220707-091445.png

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
As mentioned above in the post about the Holdsworth frame, I could probably collect and store if needed, providing the buyer pays the auction house and tells them I'm authorised. Not sure what would be required info, but they have my name, email and postal address as a registered bidder, so I guess these details would be sufficient.

I will have a chat with him today and let you know.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Some more details on the Holdsworth. As well as the components shown, there is a Cinelli stem (drilled), GB bars and Mafac brake levers.
IMG_20220708_111124380_HDR.jpg

Frame size is 22.5", just a bit on the small size for me, so I'll only make a low bid if any!
Dropouts are Campag, bottom bracket shell is Nervex. Frame number is 25614
IMG_20220708_105827784_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220708_105818020_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220708_110103211_HDR.jpg

Fluted wrapover stays
IMG_20220708_105909635_HDR.jpg

Update: bidding stopped at £190, £10 short of the reserve (which I didn't know about - maybe a late change?)
Will be offered again next week.

Last edited:

GeekDadZoid

Über Member

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Hammer price surprised me as well as the auctioneer!

How much did the Holdsworth frame make ?

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Hammer price surprised me as well as the auctioneer!

Like the way these things often happen, after being gob smacked by the price of this one, I popped onto Facebook and a birdy had just been listed with bad photos for "offers". After checking the stolen bike register to make sure all was above board, my mate picked it up earlier for £80! It's in visually better condition and newer.

Good afternoon,

A seemingly beautiful example of a small-framed late-spec Raleigh Royal in Sandbach, Cheshire on ebay currently - it's only £70 BIN but muppets are bidding..

Were that my size and closer I'd be all over it for less than a tank of fuel - somebody local who'll look after and enjoy it get it bought please!

View attachment 652071

Wow! Especially with £3.95 postage

But having had a bike nicked recently https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/norco-pinched-just-in-case-anyone-sees-it-on-ebay-etc.284440/

I would be relectutant to buy from someone with zero sales on ebay,

Mens touring bicycle, Raleigh Royal. The bike is in good condition and has only used for light riding. The bike will only be sold to buyers who come to collect the bicycle and pay cash.

When buying on eBay there is a responsibility on the buyer especially when offered a hard to understand price (£70 BIN) as eBay's official position is

1657397838909.png

Bye

Ian

Last edited:

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
So the seller has set a good reserve

Auction site is now showing the Holdsworth sold at a hammer price of £200. Must have been some later discussion with the online bidder(s), because in live action the auctioneer was clear about it being £10 short of reserve and would be offered again next week.
Someone still got a decent bargain, considering the quantity and quality of the componentry included in the lot.

Top Bottom