Ebay and auction watch: let us know if you see something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I see the Daccordi seller is still flogging a dead horse. £350 reserve, bidding at £26, not long to go. Also, you have to collect in person which you can't do for at least 2 weeks.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
It's up to £32 now, but still a long way short of his reserve! I think the seller is delusional myself, and should have taken the money when it bid up to £155 previously.
I don't see collection as a negative, given that bikes are easily damaged by careless couriers. I would not want any bike I buy sent to me then have to risk an argument with the seller if it was not in the expected condition - I would rather just pick it up myself.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
531-framed Monza Carrera in Bedford, currently £50 ending Thursday: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133367370499

s-l1600.jpg

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
It's up to £32 now, but still a long way short of his reserve! I think the seller is delusional myself, and should have taken the money when it bid up to £155 previously.
I don't see collection as a negative, given that bikes are easily damaged by careless couriers. I would not want any bike I buy sent to me then have to risk an argument with the seller if it was not in the expected condition - I would rather just pick it up myself.
The problem is that you can't collect anything from private sellers at the moment as we're in lockdown. If it was sold by a local bike shop it could just about be within the rules.

If eBay gave a stuff they would pull all "collection in person" listings for the moment.

carpenter

Über Member
It doesn't look to be in particularly good condition either - there seem to be a few signs of rust under parts of the paintwork (internal problems?)

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
It doesn't look to be in particularly good condition either - there seem to be a few signs of rust under parts of the paintwork (internal problems?)

Agreed - needs rust dealing with plus some replacement (expensive) parts.

Top Bottom