Ebay..is it getting worse?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

doog

Im starting to get really hacked off. My last three cycling related purchases have gone wrong and my guess is that there are an awful lot of people out there cashing in on us cyclists.

All three transactions were buy it now, one never delivered the item full stop, the second were Tredz who did a market lead job on a helmet that was never in stock (and then offered me a discount code that was advertised nationally)...

the latest was a pair of Rubino Pros for ££££ and only one was delivered.

Of course this is all playing into the hands of the likes of wiggle etc( of which im a regular customer) however they have pulled the Tredz stunt on several occasions with market leads on stuff that isnt in stock.

LBS?...well my nearest cant be naffed to service my bike unless they can supply the cassette / chain etc so i DIY......its a minefield out there and a headache. .

vickster

Legendary Member
I avoid eBay like the plague (partly as I hate paypal) and only use if cannot buy elsewhere.

Tredz are rubbish for having stock

Evans, Wiggle, CRC, Merlin, High on bikes have never been an issue for me

I like the first three for their free returns

Last edited:
Tredz are fine if it's in stock with their supplier but if it isn't you get the dreaded sorry email and there's no way of knowing before you order.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
ime

eBay is ok, gnerally, for selling
eBay is ok, generally, for buying second hand - though quite why some folk pay more for used stuff than you can find brand new is beyond me
eBay is ok, generally, for NOS
eBay is proper shocking for buying new. The age of the eBay brand new bargain almost seems to be behind us.

John the Canuck

..a long way from somewhere called Home..
gave up on ordering from tredz

ordered 3 inner tubes for £10...wrong size sent
ordered MTB brake blocks - cantilever fitting sent
returned - replaced by.......cantilever type
returned --- tredz admits its stock number incorrect and refunds money = still no blocks

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I don't tend to buy new bike kit from ebay, just the usual suppliers.

Only done the ebay for some wheels off Dolan, worked out £10 cheaper than web and with free fixed sprocket and lock ring.

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
I have no issue with eBay other than auction prices now seem to be getting higher and higher. You can buy brand new items if you shop around for the same price as used items on there.

People are paying £16 for a used charge spoon then 4-5 postage when you can get one for £20 with free delivery

Sods_Laur

There's very few bargains on eBay these days. A lot of new stuff is priced more expensively than other online sellers and second hand stuff isn't much cheaper than new. I don't know who buys it all, I keep looking but I never find anything I want at a price I'm prepared to pay.

Top Bottom