Ebay..is it getting worse?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral

Thank you. I agree with TLH on her excellent choice of car.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Thank you. I agree with TLH on her excellent choice of car.
Whoops. Not her choice. :blush:

I've driven SAAB's for donkeys and she had my old GM 900 the first time I quit car ownership and when it finally wore out I just bought the first tidy 93 I found on fleabay so as to avoid either of us having to learn a new car. First time she drove it, she pranged it and claimed it was much wider than the 900!!!!

Tim Joyce

Regular
having issues with suppliers on eBay & their own as well.
Found Tredz to sell lots of Merida, but after ordering they do not stock it so a good week minimum turn around which is annoying then not realising about their non stock of items i went an ordered more & suprise suprise not in stock - arghhh! no more orders for Tredz.
& highaltitudebikes on ebay sent me a rear shock lizard skin instead of front suspension skinz.
CRC seem ok i have just ordered a Royal 2014 jersey & Royal 30 gloves. Only thing that annoyed me was that when i placed my order i paid the £4.99 for next day delivery & when i got confirmation the email said it 'expected' to be dispatched on that day. great i thought! ........no - after asking for my tracking number which was not provided as advertised it got shipped the following day. Inquiring to CRC about this i got a copy & paste from their website saying before 1pm.....etc. But why does the order confirmation give the impression otherwise? - that miffed me a little. Email order confirmation It should say if ordered after 1pm it will be posted the following day so you do not have to got through the detailed shipping info to get the answer! but they did not really understand my point - unless i'm expecting too much!?

Fylde_coast_Pies

Love Ebay. I've used it since it started. Been thrown off twice, Bought, Sold, Made money, Lost money.
I've had some incredible bargains over the years and still get them now. I'm rebuilding a hybrid at the moment and have recently bought a Truvativ Hussefelt 1.1 Crankset (New) for £22, New Avid BB7's plus a new Truvativ seatpost for £60 but the best one was the Brooks Cambium C17 saddle for £39!!!
If your selling, be honest and include good pictures. It's not hard.
If your buying, Just hope you don't come up against me.........Cos I'll beat ya:laugh:

Leaway2

Lycrist
I use it all the time, usually from China/far east. I have had no problems. I have a couple of items I have bought from individuals that I am waiting for.
Ditto, why do people bid so high when you can buy new cheaper.

fribbleblib

Bought some fingerless cycling gloves for £2.03 including postage from Hong Kong.
Couldn't post thin air that cheaply in this country.

bpsmith

Veteran
I decided to use Tredz recently, as they are fairly local. Ordered a jacket and asked if I could collect. They agreed and I paid over the phone. Three days of ringing to see where it was and they tell me it was sent in the post from their warehouse to the shop, despite a van passing between the two regularly each day, and at Second Class! Worse still, there was nobody there to receive it and got sent to depot, where they said I could go and collect from. Needless to say, I asked for a refund.

Their Price Match is a joke too. It's all over their website, but getting them to match anything is a nightmare. Probably down to the lack of actual stock, based on the above posts I guess?

Not the best example of my LBS to keep afloat.

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Just had to withdraw a bike form the listings due to an annoying potential buyer.

He wanted to buy the bike without bidding or using ebay's buy it now, we agreed a price including delivery, by me, to his house.

Then he wanted to pay with paypal and asked for a discount because my ebay fees would have been 25%

I said: cash only and no discount (anyway, ebay fees are only 10% and 3.4% +20p for paypal)

In the end I had to withdraw the lot because sod's law states he would have bid on it and caused even more problems for me.

Bodhbh

Guru
You can still get bargins on eBay, I know - unfortunately I've sold a few lately. Last sales in order:

2 x 5l demijohns £1.20 (RRP about £14)
'Thumbie' mounts for bar end shifters £5.50 (RRP £30-40)
Dura-ace 9 speed bar end shifters £29 (RRP £60).
4 x folding touring tyres Marathon XR/dureme £26 (RRP dunno, they have seen some action £180)

Then again I start my sales at a quid and I cba to mess about relisting and second guessing prices, maybe I should rethink that.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
You can pick up some great bargains if you hunt around; in all the years I've been using it I've only been ripped-off once.

I've got some amazing cut-throat razors (oldest is 1835) that are worth a few hundred times what I picked them up for after I've taken them apart, cleaned, reassembled and honed them up.

There are also the manufacturers' 'factory reconditioned' stores where you can pick up gear for about half the price of a brand-new item (my latest being a Revo Heritage G2 Shadow Edition internet/FM/DAB/DAB+/streaming/iPod-docking radio).

Top Bottom