EDF Energy couldn't run an excessive alcohol event in a home of making beer.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Have you bought the property or is it rented?
Reason I ask is we've had an issue with Scottish Power demanding payment for a bill that isn't ours on a commercial property. After a lot of faffing around including threats of being taken to court, it turned out that the bill was for a meter in the adjacent flat belonging to the same landlord.

Will Spin

Über Member
Remember the days of nationalised industries? Maybe some advantages?
Nationalised industries....we've done the smart thing and privatised ours....so that foreign nationalised industries can run our utilities instead!

OP
OP
U

User33236

Have you bought the property or is it rented?
Reason I ask is we've had an issue with Scottish Power demanding payment for a bill that isn't ours on a commercial property. After a lot of faffing around including threats of being taken to court, it turned out that the bill was for a meter in the adjacent flat belonging to the same landlord.
Its a bought property though has a history of being rented resulting in meters being swapped out frequently depending of tennants wishes. The seller only had one property in the area we are in so little chance of a mix up on billing.

OP
OP
U

User33236

Bloke on webchat this morning asked if E14 was easy for me to get to as it should be near my EHxx postcode.

I was happy to point out E14 is over 400 miles away in London!

14 minutes till there UK telephone lines open!!!

Drago

Legendary Member
Its odd that their geography skills are so bad, considering they don't seem to have any difficulty locating the UK in order to squeeze money out of it.

How about start a FB page - EDF are chumps, or The Hilarious Cock Ups of EDF?

gasinayr

Über Member
Switch the gas off at the control valve at the meter, drop a blunt object on the meter breaking the display then report a smell of gas from the meter. By law they have to call within one hour to attend to smell of gas and if meter is damaged will replace it.

OP
OP
U

User33236

Its odd that their geography skills are so bad, considering they don't seem to have any difficulty locating the UK in order to squeeze money out of it.

How about start a FB page - EDF are chumps, or The Hilarious Cock Ups of EDF?
FB is the spawn of Satan so don’t use it.

OP
OP
U

User33236

Switch the gas off at the control valve at the meter, drop a blunt object on the meter breaking the display then report a smell of gas from the meter. By law they have to call within one hour to attend to smell of gas and if meter is damaged will replace it.
Very tempted to.

Drago

Legendary Member
FB is the spawn of Satan so don’t use it.

How about that Twitsapp, or whatever its called? Must be some way ofdrawing prolonged public attention to their ineptitude.

NickNick

Please do not single out EDF, NPower are no better

Think they are all as bad as each other, have a friend who had a similar nightmare with British Gas who got her gas meter and a neighbours muddled up and that also turned into a Kafkaesque nightmare.

D

Deleted member 26715

Think they are all as bad as each other, have a friend who had a similar nightmare with British Gas who got her gas meter and a neighbours muddled up and that also turned into a Kafkaesque nightmare.
I've been conversing with Npower via email for over 8 months after losing the will to live trying to use the phones, they have now decided they cannot communicate with me on the exact same email address I have been using to communicate with them for the past 8 months as it's not authorised on the account

OP
OP
U

User33236

Phone has been red hot today with emails, text messages and calls from the pa to the CEO of EDF. Being on a training course meant sporradic responses.

Guess I made enough of a nuisance of myself and now got a result. Engineer booked in to replace meter with a credit one tonight and a cheque for compensation in the post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom