Edinburgh Cycle Co-op 'Revolution Track'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
How come you are selling up Greg? Buying a nicer fixed with the cash?

Sort of. Let me quote from my listing in that other place.

"Why am I selling her? First off she is a little on the small side for me, I'm 6' 2" and the riding position is a little too "head down arse up", also I find the bars too narrow on longer rides. Second off I've bought a Charge Plug off Wiggle which has a steel frame and is a bit bigger so suits my long term winter trainer / customisation aims more. Why didn't I just buy a Charge Plug in the first place you ask. Because at the time I bought the Track '10 a Charge Plug was twice the price. Finally, I've got too many bikes in the shed not getting used often enough, even though I try to cycle every day"

and that is the God's honest. The Plug is a better spec. and that price on Wiggle was too attractive. Origamist awakened me to the possiblity of the Sturmey S2C and cable free back braking and a plan was formed thusly...

The plan is to use the Plug as a testbed to build some sort of bastard hub gear sometimes / fixed most-of-the-time hybrid machine. Hub geared at the weekend via the SA S2C, to help me on the club runs of a Sunday, when fixed, 35+ miles in the company of racing snakes and people young enough to be my children or grand-children aren't concepts always in complete harmony, and fixed during the week for the odd 100% cycle commute to work (and more frequent night time 20 miler training ride) when the weather is good enough to make it a tidy proposition compared with multi-modal train+folder commute.

Norm

My one of these is now up for sale on a certain well known auction site.
Well, that is a heck of a pity, Greg. I understand you taking off many of the niceties (saddle, bags, pedals etc) but why the bar tape? Is it re-usable? Or, as you claim the saddle to be, resuable. :biggrin:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Well, that is a heck of a pity, Greg. I understand you taking off many of the niceties (saddle, bags, pedals, etc) but why the bar tape? Is it re-usable? Or, as you claim the saddle to be, resuable. :biggrin:

Spilling is nut won of my string pints.:whistle: Especially when creating/editing stuff using IE7 in the office (without Firefox's great inline spell checker) which my own security policy insists I use at work

I'm a bizarre combination of miser and spendthrift. Brooks bar tape (and the spesh bar phatt under it) and Brooks saddle are going on the Charge Plug in place of the 'ghastly darling faux leather stuff currently in situ. However I've amended the listing to suggest I'll fit the tape, and I've corrected the spelling mistakes.

It's a great little bike, and that is the problem, over 20 miles it's too little, it isn't long or tall enough for my bizarre body shape (long back short legs) whilst at the same time the bars are too low. The Plug with it's bullhorns is a bit more stretched out so I'm hoping it will suit better.

Norm

I'm a bizarre combination of miser and spendthrift. Brooks bar tape (and the spesh bar phatt under it) and Brooks saddle are going on the Charge Plug in place of the faux leather stuff currently in situ.
I didn't think that bar tape was re-usable, but I guess that's just the tape that I've used which has been a long way short of Brooks in its quality. (and price)

Looks lush with the Brooks and Carradice, and it looks beautifully fit and lean without. The change makes quite a visual impact considering they are "just" accessories.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I didn't think that bar tape was re-usable, but I guess that's just the tape that I've used which has been a long way short of Brooks in its quality. (and price)

Looks lush with the Brooks and Carradice, and it looks beautifully fit and lean without. The change makes quite a visual impact considering they are "just" accessories.

cork tape usually tears when you take it off that's true. The Brooks doesn't. But is way more expensive so just as well. As the Brooks and carradice will be going in the Plug, when it's finished I'll post some pictures. I think blue frame with brown saddle and bars looks very fetching but others have asked if I'm colour blind.

And the bike is the only fit and lean thing about me ;-)

Top Bottom