Edinburgh Cycle Co-op 'Revolution Track'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
longers said:
I did when I got mine and it was unnecessarily expensive, any spanner that fits will do.

One bit of advice I did read was to always use the same spanner at home that you carry on the road or else they might be difficult to remove if you carry a smaller one on the road. It was probably written a bit clearer than that but hope it makes sense.

actually I was talking about the chain tugs but I know that spanner.

classic workshop blunder, over torque a bolt with a long handled spanner and then wonder why you can't undo it with the 3" stubbie in your pocket by the side of the road. One solution is to use a torque wrench.

We all have a torque wrench (or two) right?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Can confirm you can put a Crud Road Racer guard on the front (& back) without much hassle.

Wise old hand of our local cycling club reckons 68", as opposed to the stock gearing, is about what I need for Sussex, the upper reaches of Bedham Hill were beyond my fitness/skills/strength on a club run y'day. Had to get off and push three short sections and whilst the bottom third was rideable in zig-zag mode it put me firmly in the red zone.

Good fun blasting past the geared bikes on the up slopes of the open roads with a cry of "Sorry.... only got one gear! Mustn't slow down!" The technique of 'if it goes up attack it' seems to be the only one that works.

35 miles cross country on rural roads on a single speed in a group of 16 is good fun on a Sunday morning. They are running a club/closed 10 mile TT soon with a class for recreational riders like me. If diary allows I may have a crack on her for a laugh.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
GregCollins said:
Can confirm you can put a Crud Road Racer guard on the front (& back) without much hassle.

Good fun blasting past the geared bikes on the up slopes of the open roads with a cry of "Sorry.... only got one gear! Mustn't slow down!" The technique of 'if it goes up attack it' seems to be the only one that works.
:laugh::biggrin: Excellent!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
and finally....

Flipped the hub last night and went for a little ride, emerged unscathed. Decided I didn't want greasy hands again so left it fixed and commutted in on it this morning. Emerged unscathed, despite one moment ;) within 20m of my front door. I determined that a lot of the time I must coast when signalling. Signalling and pedalling, new skill to learn. Which is good.

Set a new pb for 2010 inbound commute :laugh: simply by having to pedal continually for 13 miles. Which is good.

Amazed the difference the flywheel effect has when climbing, no pedal dead spots the top of the arc, :rofl: so in fact for the same gearing climbing feels like it is a bit easier than when riding singlespeed. Which is good.

Am going to leave it 'as is' for the next few weeks and see if my leg strength improve to the point were I don't feel the need an easier gear for riding to work. May change the gearing to something easier to push :smile: for club runs though, unknown territory and all that.

Now do I fancy Horsham to Farnham on Saturday on a 79" fixed? :hello:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Glad your liking it more!

The forgetting to pedal when doing other things will soon stop. I used to do that when a sketchy moment happened i.e. a car cutting me up, id stop pedalling. But it becomes second nature very fast and you wont do it very often.

der alt

I had a look at the track 09 version but found the front end a tad on the heavy side so opted for the Courier single in black ,this was back in september and apart from a week off during the snow it's been used everyday with no problems at all .
The only changes made being to swap the tyres for crossroads armadillos and the supplied saddle for a specialized bg type ,being that it's the 3rd EBC bike i own i don't think i'd ever go back to a brand bike ..

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
P100530_172054.jpg.scaled.1000.jpg

Here she be in current trim.... started out on Saturday to ride from home to Brighton but the weather was so nice I ended up doing 100+ km on her.

What has changed? Raceguards, a Tribag for phone and change, a Ti rail-ed B17 (which makes a huge difference to the amount of hi-freq vibe the Collins rump takes and which I got 2nd hand from off here) Surly 18t sprocket and a (pre-owned) Nelson.

Huge fun to ride.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
GregCollins said:
P100530_172054.jpg.scaled.1000.jpg

Here she be in current trim.... started out on Saturday to ride from home to Brighton but the weather was so nice I ended up doing 100+ km on her.

What has changed? Raceguards, a Tribag for phone and change, a Ti rail-ed B17 (which makes a huge difference to the amount of hi-freq vibe the Collins rump takes and which I got 2nd hand from off here) Surly 18t sprocket and a (pre-owned) Nelson.

Huge fun to ride.

Mucho nice-oh bike.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
djb1971 said:
Bl00dy hell Greg. How much stuff have you squeezed into the Nelson :biggrin:

I am utterly pants at travelling light.:biggrin: It was a complex weekend too :biggrin:

You see, I was going to Brighton to babysit for the weekend for my niece (5) and nephew (7). The Lovely Helen was already there, having driven down in her car, and we were taking the littlies out on the Monday. So I had to bring a complete change of clothes, civvies, wash kit, spare cycling stuff for the return, a book to read, sun creme, etc., etc..

Normally this one carries a Barley but I couldn't get a pair of shoes in that with everything else so the Nelson went on. When doing the traffic light sprint along Brighton seafront ("No mate, I don't use cycle lanes, they don't go anywhere I want to be") I became very aware, once or twice, of the mass I was carrying. ;)

djb1971

Legendary Member
At least it did the job, even if it weighed 10kg :smile:

hope the sun cream did a better job than mine, I've started to look like the bloke from the Singing Detective ;) (if people can remember it )

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
djb1971 said:
At least it did the job, even if it weighed 10kg :biggrin:

hope the sun cream did a better job than mine, I've started to look like the bloke from the Singing Detective ;) (if people can remember it )

As my profile pic shows, sunburn is the least of my worries, the slightest bit of exercise and my rosecea kicks off. :smile:

Flushtastic.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Looks nicer with all your stuff on it, dont often like the look of bikes loaded with stuff but it doesnt look half bad ;)

Top Bottom