Electric toothbrush.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

I've used a Philips Sonicare (sonic) toothbrush for near on 20 years. And I have periodontitis too. Go figure. I guess sometimes stuff happens despite best intentions:sad:

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Been using electric for a few years and recently got into the sonic version. Bought a cheap one from Amazon, which was great, but packed in after a few months (wouldn't hold a charge). Now got one of Superdrugs own brand, a lot cheaper than the Philips. Been using for about 3 months so far, still on the first head and it's great.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I have an Oral B sonic 're chargeable toothbrush. I really like it. Especially as it has quite a thin body.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Saves wear on the wrist i suppose.
You say that tongue in cheek but Steve Wright actually said that with a straight face a few years ago.
His sidekick was talking about electric toothbrushes and Wright said his son had one, and he considered that the height of laziness, his lad not being bothered to move his arm about for a few minutes. The sidekick kind of hesitantly said (half suspecting a wind up) that the whole point was the cleaning efficiency rather than any labour saving, and Wright just went "oh" and then meandered onto another topic.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
But you do wonder whether things are getting slightly over complicated.

View: https://twitter.com/JoshMurrah/status/1491528435872763907

Last edited:
I got a water pik for post mouth surgery hygiene and continue to use it generally after brushing and flossing.
As dentists say, you only need to floss the teeth you want to keep.

yello

A phone app.... for a sodding toothbrush. Does that mean someone could hack it? Find out all about my dental care habits, or lack thereof? I despair. We're doing stuff because we can.

I bought an electric toothbrush in a fit of enthusiasm about 10 years ago
Oral B were on offer in Tesco

Next time I went to a dentist they commented that my gums and teeth were far healthier than they had been
I commented that I had been using the electirc brush and he said that explained it

I have had the same comments from my current dentist (I moved house)
I have also noticed a reduction in fillings needed since using it

Mike_P

Guru
Oral B electric toothbrushes are brilliant. You only need very light pressure for them to work well so they are actually very gentle when used properly. The heads are a bit pricey but should last a good couple of months provided you don’t brush too hard.
Like the toothbrush the heads are often reduced, 8 for £15 was the last set I bought. A tip my dentist gave me was to finger rub a suitable toothpaste on to the gums, Oral B Gum & Enamel Repair.

Top Bottom