Electric trike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DEFENDER01

Über Member
I am waiting for a total knee replacement and have been thinking of getting an electric trike.
I have osteoporosis in both knees but the one I had a motorcycle accident with in 1971 has gone completely bone on bone.
I am unable to walk without a stick.
Would a electric trike be good as when I have had the operation I will need exercise
Just wondering on thoughts or experiences.
Don't want to spend too much as I hope to be able to continue enjoying cycling on my other bikes one of which is electric but can't get the confidence to ride it at the moment.:headshake:

@raleighnut has an electric trike after an operation, his was bought as a trike and electric assist kit added to it, maybe he could advise

raleighnut

Legendary Member
As @roadrash rightly says I built mine up from a Kentex that originally looked like this,

$_86.jpg

into mine which now looks like this,

trike 001.JPG

The entire project worked out just short of a grand (except the Brooks B17 special that I nicked off one of my other bikes)

The front wheel is a 250watt 'Hall effect' motor which 'freewheels' when not in use and after it's top speed is reached.

OP
OP
DEFENDER01

DEFENDER01

Über Member
[QUOTE 5148599, member: 45"]Avoid Jorvik Trikes. At all costs.[/QUOTE]
I have seen them and they are quite expensive as i hope to only have one until i get mobile again.
Is there a reason why you say avoid them.:sad:
Been looking for a second hand one to get me by until get my operation then for a while for exercise while i recover.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I have seen them and they are quite expensive as i hope to only have one until i get mobile again.
Is there a reason why you say avoid them.:sad:
Been looking for a second hand one to get me by until get my operation then for a while for exercise while i recover.
That's exactly what I thought, nearly 4yrs later and I'm still riding mine :cycle: I do have the odd spin out on the 2 wheelers every now and then but the trike is still my main vehicle. :becool:

OP
OP
DEFENDER01

DEFENDER01

Über Member
Doesn't give price or location

Top Bottom