Elite Moro d'Elite Bottle Cages

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fattman

Hi All,

A punt - anyone have any experience of Elite Moro d'Elite bottle cages? Reckon they look fly and should go with shiny new super-light bike... so long as they'll hold a bottle in place (I use SIS 750mls).

Any input gratefully received!

Cheers

Matt

PpPete

Legendary Member
Hi All,

A punt - anyone have any experience of Elite Moro d'Elite bottle cages? Reckon they look fly and should go with shiny new super-light bike... so long as they'll hold a bottle in place (I use SIS 750mls).

Any input gratefully received!

Cheers

Matt

No personal experience but it was tested against 6 others in September issue of Cycling Active. They reckon it performs very well, although didn't say what bottle they were using it with.
Only bad point mentioned was weight; 35 grams as against the lightest on test which was only 20 grams. My suggestion would be to go for it if you like the look but to take a sip out of the bottle before you set off, just to get that 15 grams back!

OP
OP
Fattman

Fattman

No personal experience but it was tested against 6 others in September issue of Cycling Active. They reckon it performs very well, although didn't say what bottle they were using it with.
Only bad point mentioned was weight; 35 grams as against the lightest on test which was only 20 grams. My suggestion would be to go for it if you like the look but to take a sip out of the bottle before you set off, just to get that 15 grams back!

Excellent, thanks for the reply, PorkyPete! I shall be sure to follow your advice and trim toenails, nosehair etc. to get that crucial weight back!
biggrin.gif

davefb

Guru
well, my sainsbury plastic bottle and cage i just bought, was £2.99.

it was also 700ml instead of the 750ml my other bottle is,,, so thats 50grammes lighter ;)

OP
OP
Fattman

Fattman

Meant to follow up for any future searches...

Thanks for your input & replies!

Got the Elite cages, they are pretty snazzy. Hold the bottle well with a positive 'snick' on putting them in, and the design of two 'wings' means it is easy to get them in and out. Functionally, therefore, they are great.

Is it worth the extra cost? Well, they genuinely feel better than the £4 alu ones on my winter bike, but not 10x better. But they look way better, so for a vainglorious fool like me they're great!

Top Bottom