Thermal Water Bottle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
I bought a 350ml metal thermos last year that fits in a bidon holder. (Great idea about the sock to prevent rattle @Oldhippy - I'll try that instead of a piece of pipe lagging foam). View attachment 618511

It works great. If you need it to stay warm for a VERY long time (>2-3 hrs), preheat with boiling water before pouring in your drink. Job's a goodun!
Good tip on the pre heating👍 We’ve got an insulated jug filter coffee machine and do the same.

Tenkaykev

Guru

Pah! Amateurs…

I used to have a small flask that I attached to the bike using a Bike Buddy https://www.bikebuddy.co.uk/

The attachment worked fine but the coffee was tepid after the flask was exposed to cold wind chill and water splash on my seat tube after a few hours. Too high a surface area:volume ratio I suspect.

I eventually gave up on it as too much faff. I guess it depends on various factors such as how much you want a hot drink, how infrequent cafes are where you ride, and your faff tolerance.
I can vouch for the bike buddy - solid as a rock. I carry fuel in it on the underside of the down tube though.

Top Bottom