Thermal Water Bottle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
You can when it’s bloody freezing and you only want a quick stop, a sip and be in your way. I’ve seen the ultimate in faffing with stoves in winter where everyone froze their bits off waiting for something hot to drink.
I love using some variation of trangia with me, but it's not that practical on my commute which is when I normally take a hot drink.

OP
OP
chris-suffolk

chris-suffolk

I've been very happy with my Thermos King Mug. Had it for 3 years now and it's used alot. Fits into my bottle holder, I have the one with a handle which is great.

https://thermos.co.uk/stainlessking-travel-mug-470ml

From the pics doesn't look like you can drink on the go.

Pretty much looking for a normal cycle bottle, especially the cap, but insulated.

You can when it’s bloody freezing and you only want a quick stop, a sip and be in your way. I’ve seen the ultimate in faffing with stoves in winter where everyone froze their bits off waiting for something hot to drink.

Thanks for the suggestions re stoves, but not terribly practical on a road bike.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
From the pics doesn't look like you can drink on the go.

Pretty much looking for a normal cycle bottle, especially the cap, but insulated.

Thanks for the suggestions re stoves, but not terribly practical on a road bike.

I was saying they are not a good idea. I have a thermos mug but that sits in a saddle bag for when I’m stopped.

DRM

Guru
espresso is very fast to make. I have in the past (non cycling) used espresso from a flask but it's not the same. Espresso and a Lidl breakfast cake is just the thing to power you on.

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...

Coloral's modern take on their 40/50s classic is designed to keep drinks hot or cold.

CEBEP

View attachment 618656

Coloral's modern take on their 40/50s classic is designed to keep drinks hot or cold.

Love the torch

geocycle

Legendary Member
I like a small stainless steel thermos alongside a standard water bottle. It was brilliant when the cafes were closed. I use a neoprene stubby cooler to stop it rattling.
l

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I used to have a small flask that I attached to the bike using a Bike Buddy https://www.bikebuddy.co.uk/

The attachment worked fine but the coffee was tepid after the flask was exposed to cold wind chill and water splash on my seat tube after a few hours. Too high a surface area:volume ratio I suspect.

I eventually gave up on it as too much faff. I guess it depends on various factors such as how much you want a hot drink, how infrequent cafes are where you ride, and your faff tolerance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom