Embarrassing question about cycling and my penis...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ericdean

This is embarrassing but I have to ask. After, about 15 or so miles the tip of my penis starts to get very irritated. I wear regular compression cycling shorts. I am circumcised and the head of my penis is kind of on the larger side, do any other guys have this problems? Do you have any solutions, a cream or anything?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Is this just from rubbing in your clothing or is it rubbing against the saddle? i.e. Is it worth looking at the saddle tilt fore to aft or getting a saddle with a cut out?

Mattk50

MattK50
My tip becomes painful sometimes dependent on the shorts I think. But I do suffer with penile cold numbness after a long ride that goes quickly, fortunately!

Dave7

Legendary Member
This. Anything else is un comfortable, especially so if the end gets caught in the chain.
I have to say, that is a most silly comment.
I find if I hang it over my shoulder that never happens.
But OP.....I am afraid I have never heard of that problem. I jiggle my bits around before I set off and normally have to re-jiggle at some point. As Ian H suggests, point it upwards and tuck it in for comfort.

Last edited:
Combination of positioning it in your pants plus saddle tilt ?

Dave7

Legendary Member
Just thought @ericdean is circumcised.
I am not. I always ensure my end bit is covered...... which eric cannot do.
Now a serious question from me. For circumcised blokes, is that area always a tender spot ?

Top Bottom