Eneco Tour *SPOILERS*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
It may be the most boring of the World Tour races (with the possible exception of Qatar), but it's on now. Taylor Phinney took the prologue TT and still leads today after stage one, which Griepel won. EBH is in the best position of the main contenders, 7 seconds behind in 2nd place overall. EBH is a nice guy but also very boring so he seems like the perfect pick for this race!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I fell asleep watching the highlights.

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Gilbert wins with a blistering attack to take the lead. What a rider he is.

Certainly not boring. I still think EBH will take it. Gilbert, along with almost everyone else, will be lulled into a false sense of security by the tedium of the parcours and only EBH will survive, because he just won't notice.

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Well, EBH now leads after the ITT, with Miller third. If Miller stays in third, that will further strengthen Britain's chances of having a full 9-person team at the World Championships.

Keith Oates

Janner
EBH did well and is now in the lead but the next two stages will be tough if Gilbert keeps his form. It's a pity the rain fell when Millar and EBH were riding the TT as they may have got better times and gained some more in the GC rankings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keith Oates

Janner
After the Saturday stage the top three remain unchanged so it will all be down to the final day on Sunday. With many short climbs it could well be Gilbert's day and race but I'm sure EBH will make it a good fight. There could also be a surprise effort from Millar, so all in all an interesting day ahead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keith Oates

Janner
Well nothing changed for the GC so it's EBH 1st, Gilbert 2nd and Millar 3rd. No doubt Sky will be happy and Millar is showing that he is still a force to reckon with in this type of race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I know I joke about EBH being boring, but it worked for him today - basically, in being cautious around the final bend, he stayed upright whilst others went down, so he was perfectly positioned to win the stage as well as the overall.

I still think that the Eneco Tour shouldn't be a World Tour race. The Tour of Britain would be better, and I think there are enough top-level British riders now for the country to deserve a top-level tour.

Top Bottom