Energy bill increases

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yikes....some big increases. Keeping an eye on mine.

presta

Guru
More than half the heating cost is Nov-Jan. It's basically a bell curve peaking in January spread from November to March/ April.

Ovo used to publish their distribution data at one time:
1669123197816.png

Petrichorwheels

Since I posted, I have discovered that on the Shell website/app one can set their own amount of monthly DD.
As I'm now £280 in credit, they suggest I lower my monthly DD from 119 (went up again) to 115 :whistle:
I'm leaving it till a couple of months into the next price increase in the new year, then ... :boxing:

you mean because you can leave without penalty if the prices go up?
If you aren't stuck I'd give them an ultimatum and leave pronto. Now.
If Octopus are taking new folk, I can recommend their simple presentation of info, clear communication and transparency.

Shell don't need your money.
Or deserve it.
They are taking the P.

Edited for typo

Last edited:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
you mean because you can leave without penalty if the prices go up?
If you aren't stuck I'd give them an ultimatum and leave pronto. Now.
If Octopus are taking new folk, I can recommend their simple presentation of info, clear communication and transparency.it.

Shell don't need your money.
Or deserve it.
They are taking the P.

octopus will take you, but not on the capped rate......i know, because i did it during the previous cap and i had to agree to their full rate and i only did so knowing it wouldnt only be for approx 2 days, then the new cap would kick in and they would have zero choice but to move me to the new flexible capped rate and did so with zero fuss.

Petrichorwheels

octopus will take you, but not on the capped rate......i know, because i did it during the previous cap and i had to agree to their full rate and i only did so knowing it wouldnt only be for approx 2 days, then the new cap would kick in and they would have zero choice but to move me to the new flexible capped rate and did so with zero fuss.

maybe missing something, am confused - I thought the cap was a legal government mandated thing.
I have been with Octopus for quite some time - am on the normal "flexible" tariff - always have been - though I understand that fixed tariffs aren't really available any more as no-one (consumers and energy suppliers) know what fresh hell may hit us all.

jowwy

maybe missing something, am confused - I thought the cap was a legal government mandated thing.
I have been with Octopus for quite some time - am on the normal "flexible" tariff - always have been - though I understand that fixed tariffs aren't really available any more as no-one (consumers and energy suppliers) know what fresh hell may hit us all.

For current customers yes....but if you chose to switch by your own free will, then they will accept you , but on their terms.

The fixed rate available is the uncapped rate. As i said, i did it myself....lucky for 2 days only, then i became a customer and therefore covered for the new October 1st capped rate. I chose to switch of my own free will, so that i could get the better export rate, once my solar was fitted. So for me it was a win, win

jowwy

We are at £6 dual fuel at the moment, during the wetter days and £5 on sunny days due to solar……but we also sell to the grid, but thats only at 45kwh at the moment at 15p/kwh another 8 days of selling in november to go, to help cut the bill a bit.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
£13.46 a day for the last month here or £404 for the month (Gas and Leccy combined - 4 bed house).

:ohmy: Crikey, mine is below £200 and we're not scrimping (3 bed) and my electric is the most expensive. I'm expecting to hit £250-£300 if it's very cold as gas is 3x more expensive than last winter - I have the useage for 18 months now based on monthly readings. We've cut electric as we were wasting alot.

Last edited:

tom73

Guru
Ours is running at around £160 every thing we can do we've done. I've turned down heating even more and our bedroom as joined the rest of the unheated up stairs. The house pours out any heat little we can do about that.
Gas is the main outgoing we don't use much electric. Just see how we go we've a bit of credit so a little breathing space.

Top Bottom