Energy bill increases

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

midlife

Guru
@midlife - I'm currently paying £150 a month for a 5 bed detached house, computers and other kit running 24/7. £300 a month just for a flat seems crazy.

Your heating / lighting / cooking / washing and everything else for a 5 bed house circa £1.5k for a year. That's good going. Way less than my 3 bed.

Yep. Dual fuel for a flat £300 is steep......

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
@midlife - I fixed the price for two years back in September 2021, so to date haven't been hit with the price increases others have. With the rebate I'm currently paying only £85 a month. However I do know it'll rise a bit in about ten months' time.

tom73

Guru
@midlife - I fixed the price for two years back in September 2021, so to date haven't been hit with the price increases others have. With the rebate I'm currently paying only £85 a month. However I do know it'll rise a bit in about ten months' time.

We like you had fixed rate so missed most of the increases. Luckily they offered another fix but way higher than before. The price cap came soon after so help even it out a bit and keep us in some credit but still more than double our old monthly payment.

Petrichorwheels

I'm over £200 in credit (dual fuel, ground floor 2 bed flat, single occupancy, not wfh), and yet Shell increased my DD from 93 to 115 (66 refunded separately)
Are we allowed to switch yet? :sad:

Apologies if jumping in on a point resolved further down thread.
I'd get onto the sods pronto and ask them serious questions.
I have at least twice online notched my DD amount with Octopus downwards and they have always accepted it without question.
Seems to me that if you pay your bills/are in positive credit they haven't a leg to stand on.
You are not a free bank for Shell (have the impression they aren't short of dosh) - what are they going to spend your money on - cycling greenwashing?

edited for typo.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: mjr

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I used to use solid fuel a lot and only put on storage heaters about this time of year.
Our only local supplier is advertising that they have plenty in stock. Somebody enquired about price and was told £15.50 per bag.
Not surprising they have plenty still in stock as that is a 50% increase on spring time price. I have some in stock and it will be kept for emergency use or if I have been away and need to get a quick heat back in the house.
Storage heaters are currently cheaper to run.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Seems to me that if you pay your bills/are in positive credit they haven't a leg to stand on.
Since I posted, I have discovered that on the Shell website/app one can set their own amount of monthly DD.
As I'm now £280 in credit, they suggest I lower my monthly DD from 119 (went up again) to 115 :whistle:
I'm leaving it till a couple of months into the next price increase in the new year, then ... :boxing:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Today is the first day we have exceeded £10 for a day. It has been cold down here.

£10 in gas????

Top Bottom