Energy bill increases

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Not that I care too much personally but some landlords who have included electric and gas in their rents must surely being hammered.
Just a passing thought....

D

Deleted member 26715

I can't find that anywhere, but it actually varies slightly by region.

These are the current (from 1st October) rates
https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...l-rates/energy-price-guarantee-regional-rates

I can't find a similar chart yet for the rates from April.

Apparently the "typical" costs given are derived by taking the median usage levels multiplied by the average unit cost cap.

That's good to see that Pre-payment meters are now getting sensible rates instead of being stiffed, they used to be the highest.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I’m glad now that I’ve at least tried to mitigate the rising energy cost by going down the solar route . Just hope the interest free loan works out via the energy trust . Hopefully be producing something next year .

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Not that I care too much personally but some landlords who have included electric and gas in their rents must surely being hammered.
Just a passing thought....
Tales of heating controls being put into lock boxes and high draw appliances glued onto time switches are already plentiful. I've also seen questions on how to install controls onto consumer boards (fuse boxes, to us oldies). I'm not sure all landlords deserve sympathy.

Reactions: gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Tales of heating controls being put into lock boxes and high draw appliances glued onto time switches are already plentiful. I've also seen questions on how to install controls onto consumer boards (fuse boxes, to us oldies). I'm not sure all landlords deserve sympathy.

I live in a very average 1960s , at the time, new development, very sprawling, quite nice in some ways, but its getting run down, landlords snap up any houses originally brought from the council, they're entry level but big and well built I have several near me, some HMO, one we knew the owner till she moved out and let it via an agent. Many of those houses have lights that never get turned off. Rear of mine is one, family let but the succession of tenants seem to sub let so you get maybe 10 people in there at a time...and the washing that gets put out on the line is relentless, were as sure as you can be they're taking in washing from their community...washing it at the landlords expense.
(We know the agent, we know its supposed to be a family let, not a HMO and we know its bills included) I dread to think how much the bills are, one consolation, they obviously haven't got a tumble dryer :ohmy:

• Wow
Reactions: mjr
D

Deleted member 26715

Did anyone get anything back from Octopus's experiment? They have given me £0.99 credit, which is really interesting as currently both the website & the App claim they can't see our meters, so how did they know we used less?

Did anyone get anything back from Octopus's experiment? They have given me £0.99 credit, which is really interesting as currently both the website & the App claim they can't see our meters, so how did they know we used less?

What did you switch off ? Stopped heating your Olympic sized Swimming Pool ?

We got 2p back ! No lights on, no TV - pretty much everything turned off.

I can only guess that our usage at that time of day isn't huge anyway.

Buck

Guru
This was on Twitter

1668876983712.png

D

Deleted member 26715

What did you switch off ? Stopped heating your Olympic sized Swimming Pool ?

We got 2p back ! No lights on, no TV - pretty much everything turned off.

I can only guess that our usage at that time of day isn't huge anyway.

Zilch, Nada, we figured as they couldn't see the meters it was pointless us joining in, so I have no idea where they got their numbers from

D

Deleted member 26715

If they have save £13.83 @ 33.7p per unit that means they saved 41 units in an hour, what did they do open the restaurant an hour later?

Top Bottom