Energy bill increases

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Octopus doing an hour's energy saving this morning. First time in work hours? Let's see if I can save more than the 2p my first session made for me !

yup im in......and the sun is out, so all power used is solar lol...not used grid power since half 8

I'm currently exporting at 2kwh....so double savings

tom73

Guru
Octopus doing an hour's energy saving this morning. First time in work hours? Let's see if I can save more than the 2p my first session made for me !

Same here but seeing our smart meters don't work it's no use to us, but then again this morning all we'd have got back was 0.07p :crazy:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just had my bill from octopus for 10 days in january and their standard variable rate for electricity is now 64p/kwh....glad the Government put the cap in place down to 33p/kwh, so im guessing the capped rate will be around 40p from april onwards

View attachment 674820 *

Gas is 16p/kwh but capped to 9/9p, so that will be around 12p come april onwards

View attachment 674821 *

*first figure is unit rate, 2nd figure is reduction rate per kwh

It's going to cripple a lot of people come April. My 'discount' goes back into my bank, so I don't really count it - I just monitor my real bill against what I'm over paying each month. Come April I'll re-calculate my usage on the 'new rates' and adjust my DD properly - not relying on SP to do it as they overestimate.

jowwy

It's going to cripple a lot of people come April. My 'discount' goes back into my bank, so I don't really count it - I just monitor my real bill against what I'm over paying each month. Come April I'll re-calculate my usage on the 'new rates' and adjust my DD properly - not relying on SP to do it as they overestimate.

it is indeed fossy.....and also from april no £400 from the government either to offset some of it. Some us are lucky to have the big black slabs on the roof, but others dont and it will kill them.

jowwy

Same here but seeing our smart meters don't work it's no use to us, but then again this morning all we'd have got back was 0.07p :crazy:

you know its £2.25 per kilowatt save and not 33p don't you?? so even a 0.2kwh saving would give you around 45p back, which pays for over a kwh used after the saving session or even more if you still on a lower fixed rate

tom73

Guru
you know its £2.25 per kilowatt save and not 33p don't you?? so even a 0.2kwh saving would give you around 45p back, which pays for over a kwh used after the saving session or even more if you still on a lower fixed rate
I'm more than aware of unit costs and I can read what the message told me and the total saved was given as 0.07P.
But seeing no-one wants to take reasonability and replace both our broken smart meters it's useless to us anyway.

jowwy

I'm more than aware of unit costs and I can read what the message told me and the total saved was given as 0.07P.
But seeing no-one wants to take reasonability and replace both our broken smart meters it's useless to us anyway.

who gave you that saving, results dont arrive for about 4 or 5 days??

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
it is indeed fossy.....and also from april no £400 from the government either to offset some of it. Some us are lucky to have the big black slabs on the roof, but others dont and it will kill them.

Or those without black slabs on the roof are cutting use. Much more difficult for those living in rented accommodation that is poorly insulated - they are stuck.

chris-suffolk

Big black slabs have generated 26kw in the last 3 days, that's enough to pay for Elec and Gas usage for 2 days, so not too bad as it's only January and generation is low.

jowwy

Big black slabs have generated 26kw in the last 3 days, that's enough to pay for Elec and Gas usage for 2 days, so not too bad as it's only January and generation is low.

Yup, these big black slabs are pretty good……35.7kwh here in the past 4 days, yesterday was a blip

jowwy

There are suggestions now that after the rise to £3000 in april……the average fuel bill will drop to £2200 in July.

again, this isnt the max that people pay, but the cost used to set the energy rate for households

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Despite our best efforts gas usage doubled in the last four weeks. A combination of several factors I think, prolonged period of low ambient temperatures meaning the CH had more work to do raising the house temperature, Christmas with three extra adults for several days, me both ill and injured so home far more than usual. I'm hoping we will see usage drop down to usual levels over the next four weeks.

Fortunately I have the cash put to one side as BG have constantly refused to allow me to pay by a fixed DD meaning I haven't built up any buffer in my account.

Alex321

Veteran
26 kW continuously for 3 days is not far short of 2000 kWh.

I suspect that's not what you meant.

You don't "suspect", you know perfectly well it isn't what he meant.

No solar system generates continuously, so he couldn't possibly have meant that.

Yes, he is wrong to have said 26kw rather than 26kWh, but it isn't rationally possible for him to have meant anything else.

Top Bottom