Energy bill increases

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
You don't "suspect", you know perfectly well it isn't what he meant.

No solar system generates continuously, so he couldn't possibly have meant that.

Yes, he is wrong to have said 26kw rather than 26kWh, but it isn't rationally possible for him to have meant anything else.

he also changed the sentence that @chris-suffolk wrote too, which is a bit disingenuous

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
FIL thinking of downsizing,he's in a big 3 bed house on his own and last month the energy bill pretty much took all of his pension

vickster

Legendary Member
FIL thinking of downsizing,he's in a big 3 bed house on his own and last month the energy bill pretty much took all of his pension

Sounds sensible not just from an energy point of view but also general upkeep and running (as well as hopefully freeing up money to live on)

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
You don't "suspect", you know perfectly well it isn't what he meant.

No solar system generates continuously, so he couldn't possibly have meant that.

Yes, he is wrong to have said 26kw rather than 26kWh, but it isn't rationally possible for him to have meant anything else.
Don't underestimate the value of exaggeration in education.

I suspect (though don't know :smile:) that the OP now understands the difference between power and energy and the dimensions for each. If so, my work is done.

Interesting fact: SI units like the watt, which are named after a real person, are distinguished from others by being abbreviated with a capital letter.

midlife

Guru
Don't underestimate the value of exaggeration in education.

I suspect (though don't know :smile:) that the OP now understands the difference between power and energy and the dimensions for each. If so, my work is done.

Interesting fact: SI units like the watt, which are named after a real person, are distinguished from others by being abbreviated with a capital letter.

Is the Gy an SI unit?

Top Bottom