Energy bill increases

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oh bugger does it ? And if it does - will smart meters show us our water usage too eventually ?

Oh no. Water meters aren't smart - they can't send the reading. We have to have a man around.
And if you have had a water meter fitted but its more expensive than the old water rates - you can go back in the first two years.
Good to know.

D

Deleted member 26715

Oh no. Water meters aren't smart - they can't send the reading. We have to have a man around.
And if you have had a water meter fitted but its more expensive than the old water rates - you can go back in the first two years.
Good to know.

Ah okay wasn't aware, I know my dad had one but they didn't have to come into the house to read it, there was a unit on the outside wall, a black round unti 2-3 inches across

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Our water use has dropped from previous years as we're all out most of the week, where we were 'in' last year. It's back to where it should be. The latest bill was estimated, but it was within 3 cubic metres of the actual meter reading.

That’s 3,000 litres, 300 showers or so. I’d have thought that quite a lot of a difference.

Interestingly they show you how much your bill means in baths/showers.

AMAZINGLY we are using 594 litres a day. Which is 7 baths or 13 showers and is normal for a household of 6.
There's just 3 of us. Unless the cat is having constant baths when I go to walk the dog. It's possible that he'd do that just to spite me.

vickster

Legendary Member
Interestingly they show you how much your bill means in baths/showers.

AMAZINGLY we are using 594 litres a day. Which is 7 baths or 13 showers and is normal for a household of 6.
There's just 3 of us. Unless the cat is having constant baths when I go to walk the dog. It's possible that he'd do that just to spite me.

Have you got a leak somewhere? I'd get in touch with the water supplier asap!
Or do you run the washing machine and dishwasher daily?

Have you got a leak somewhere? I'd get in touch with the water supplier asap!
Or do you run the washing machine and dishwasher daily?

I don't think we have had a reading for a good while so I'll give it a week and see how much we use then.
It's possibly an anomaly in that they've put the extra usage into one month?

Daninplymouth

Water meters aren’t a ‘thing’ in Scotland and water is a fixed charge based on your Council Charge band. We pay £335.79 for the year.

Lucky you. Down here with the lovely south west water I pay about £120 a month that’s for 2, with just a daily shower and no excessive use

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Lucky you. Down here with the lovely south west water I pay about £120 a month that’s for 2, with just a daily shower and no excessive use

Bloody hell . Up across the wall , we just get set an annual water charge . I’d need to check my council tax letter to see what the value is but it ain’t £120 a month !!

Must give you all that warm fuzzy feeling seeing how everything is going re the private water companies are fleecing everyone !

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

How much ? £40ish here metered, although a bit less at the moment. That said, water is in abundance in Manchester - it rains a lot. It's a bit much with South West Water as your's is re-cycled about 10 times isn't it ! :laugh: No such re-cycling needed oop North !

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
^^^^Holy smokes at some of the above prices 😳

Here in Sunny Suffolk, 5 bed house, 3 sometimes 4 occupants - combined [Anglian and Nwl] unmetered monthly bill (That’s just reduced slightly) of £44.

Some of those figures quoted are plain rude 🙁

Kingfisher101

Über Member
^^^^Holy smokes at some of the above prices 😳

Here in Sunny Suffolk, 5 bed house, 3 sometimes 4 occupants - combined [Anglian and Nwl] unmetered monthly bill (That’s just reduced slightly) of £44.

Some of those figures quoted are plain rude 🙁

Thats o.k, Our new bill when the meter goes in will be £35-£40 per month, theres a 3 month waiting list to have a meter fitted at the moment. The man on the phone from the water company said the £900 plus was very high.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I lived in Plymouth for a while and can confirm that SWW are robdogs!

The problem is that most of the SW sewage went straight into the sea for 100 years or more, so there is a lot of catching up to do. A university friend spent years of his career building and commissioning sewage farms down there.

Top Bottom