Energy bill increases

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

presta

Guru
They were looking at energy prices on More or Less this week.
Out of 30 countries (EU & a few others), the UK is ninth most expensive for electricity, and 15th on gas. In relation to disposable income, we're third on electricity, and below average on gas.

They were looking at energy prices on More or Less this week.
Out of 30 countries (EU & a few others), the UK is ninth most expensive for electricity, and 15th on gas. In relation to disposable income, we're third on electricity, and below average on gas.

Blimey that's actually better than I thought. Will download the show now. Ta.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Interesting Graph on my KWh (dual fuel) - ignore March 23 as that's a part month.

2021 (red) normal usage for my house, 2022 from March (Orange) when we really started looking at consumption.

I'm hoping we're still under the orange line as the year progresses. Bills are still more though.

I've just been reconciling MIL's gas and electric, and due to the sister's clearing the house out, and putting up the heating, it's cost them £800 in the last quarter from next to nothing. And that's running the heating low - can't imagine how expensive the house will be to heat for the new owner.

kwh.JPG

silva

Über Member
Starting after the lockdowns, all prices were set higher stepwise..
Now 3 years later, the cheapest supermarket bread that was a decade long 0.72 euro, then 0.80, 0.89, 0.99 and now 1.09. that's 50% more over 3 years.
My cash and bank euro's now buy that much less. The work I did to earn them didn't change.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
The worst is the water.. I just received a bill for this year for £925, this has gone up from £700 last year and it was £300 before that. We are going on a meter. I've got the appointment booked for it fitting.

vickster

Legendary Member
The worst is the water.. I just received a bill for this year for £925, this has gone up from £700 last year and it was £300 before that. We are going on a meter. I've got the appointment booked for it fitting.

Blimey…my metered water bill is under £12 a month! Granted that’s just me and glasses of water for the cat but still :ohmy:

midlife

Guru

Don't think my water rates have gone up for a while....

Shell recently emailed me about an increase in rates, overall impact is £14p/year increase. I was going to check my latest bills but their website appears to be down ATM....

Water I do need to check, I'm on a meter but apart from the initial setup last year I've not had any contact from them (Yorkshire Water), probably one to chase.

D

Deleted member 26715

Ours has just come in around £800, we have a meter fitted but it's not in use, our daughter with 2 kids has a meter & theirs is higher than ours

Just sent in my reading on the water meter. It's now gone from £26 to £43 a month ! I'll give it another month to get a feel for what we are actually using. I don't think we've had a reading taken since it went in - despite them telling me we had a meter reader last month. You'd think I would have remembered that - especially as he has to get past my Zwift set up to see the meter.

D

Deleted member 26715

Just sent in my reading on the water meter. It's now gone from £26 to £43 a month ! I'll give it another month to get a feel for what we are actually using. I don't think we've had a reading taken since it went in - despite them telling me we had a meter reader last month. You'd think I would have remembered that - especially as he has to get past my Zwift set up to see the meter.

Does it not transmit the readings to them, thought that was the whole point of them?

Top Bottom