Energy bill increases

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Has anybody who were switched over to another utility company because their original went bust been fully intergrated?
I was switched over to octopus when avro went bust and although octopus have kept us up to date on their website it still seems it taking longer than i imagined.

Has anybody who were switched over to another utility company because their original went bust been fully intergrated?
I was switched over to octopus when avro went bust and although octopus have kept us up to date on their website it still seems it taking longer than i imagined.

Igloo to EON here, Took 8 weeks to get my Igloo balance back and everything set up, I cancelled my direct debit before Igloo went bust but customers who kept paying are still waiting on refunds.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Avro to Octopus here. All went through efficiently, my meter readings are showing on the Octopus web site and my positive balance transferred across without a hitch. I’ve not set up a DD yet as I had quite a high positive balance ( £400+ ) so I’ll run it down a bit first.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Avro to Octopus here. All went through efficiently, my meter readings are showing on the Octopus web site and my positive balance transferred across without a hitch. I’ve not set up a DD yet as I had quite a high positive balance ( £400+ ) so I’ll run it down a bit first.
I remember hearing something from Martin Lewis on the radio that if you don't set up a Direct Debit then the supplier can put you on a non-DD plan which generally costs more... so if I were you, I'd set up a DD for £1 or something that will still run the balance down but show willing.

I'm surprised your transfer went so quickly. Coop Energy subcontracted to Octopus years ago and it's still a rather clunky Frankenstein operation, with current Coop Energy price plans not easily viewable from the Octopus account area.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Igloo to EON here, Took 8 weeks to get my Igloo balance back and everything set up, I cancelled my direct debit before Igloo went bust but customers who kept paying are still waiting on refunds.
Any money paid after the company went bust is unlikely to be refunded in my experience. The liquidator simply takes everything. The law is different in Scotland from that in England I paid money to a company in England and was point blank refused a refund and not worth taking it to court. I also lost a watch in for repair as they just junked everything. In addition I worked for a company which went bust and was retained by the liquidator to keep some continuity. Shower of crooks in my opinion.

Any money paid after the company went bust is unlikely to be refunded in my experience. The liquidator simply takes everything. The law is different in Scotland from that in England I paid money to a company in England and was point blank refused a refund and not worth taking it to court. I also lost a watch in for repair as they just junked everything. In addition I worked for a company which went bust and was retained by the liquidator to keep some continuity. Shower of crooks in my opinion.

Eon actually told Igloo customers to not cancel the DD to Igloo after they went bust, seemed strange to me paying a DD to a bankrupt company.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Eon actually told Igloo customers to not cancel the DD to Igloo after they went bust, seemed strange to me paying a DD to a bankrupt company.
Seems a bit odd right enough.
In addition to my other remarks we were invoiced for goods ordered but never received. Told them to get lost and they gave in eventually as not worth the fight. A bigger company might well have paid as some were downright inefficient in reconciling goods received or not with invoices. Fake invoices were rife at one time particularly for office supplies.

Seems a bit odd right enough.
In addition to my other remarks we were invoiced for goods ordered but never received. Told them to get lost and they gave in eventually as not worth the fight. A bigger company might well have paid as some were downright inefficient in reconciling goods received or not with invoices. Fake invoices were rife at one time particularly for office supplies.

There was a guy in the news recently who made millions sending fake invoices to one of the big tech companies, they just paid up.

Tenkaykev

Guru
I remember hearing something from Martin Lewis on the radio that if you don't set up a Direct Debit then the supplier can put you on a non-DD plan which generally costs more... so if I were you, I'd set up a DD for £1 or something that will still run the balance down but show willing.

I'm surprised your transfer went so quickly. Coop Energy subcontracted to Octopus years ago and it's still a rather clunky Frankenstein operation, with current Coop Energy price plans not easily viewable from the Octopus account area.
When I was originally contacted by Octopus they stated that I'd be put on to the

I just checked back and I was notified on 20th October that the transfer process was under way and I would be on the " Flexible Avro " Tariff ( E: 24.11 ppd, 20.49 per KW/H, G: 26.11 ppd, 4.13 per KW/H )
I can log in and see a history of all emails that I have received from Octopus, and the final statement from Avro plus the meter readings that I've submitted.
The communications and explanations that I've received during the transfer process have been exemplary.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
When I was originally contacted by Octopus they stated that I'd be put on to the

I just checked back and I was notified on 20th October that the transfer process was under way and I would be on the " Flexible Avro " Tariff ( E: 24.11 ppd, 20.49 per KW/H, G: 26.11 ppd, 4.13 per KW/H )
I can log in and see a history of all emails that I have received from Octopus, and the final statement from Avro plus the meter readings that I've submitted.
The communications and explanations that I've received during the transfer process have been exemplary.
It says on https://octopus.energy/avro/ that they'll take over your Avro DD anyway, so my worry was unfounded.

Tenkaykev

Guru
It says on https://octopus.energy/avro/ that they'll take over your Avro DD anyway, so my worry was unfounded.
They haven't on my account. I've had a couple of emails telling me that I can set up a DD, but there are no active DD's on my account. During the initial transition Avro did take the usual DD payment but the money taken was added to my balance that transferred across.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-14 at 15.27.23.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-14 at 15.27.23.png
    58.9 KB · Views: 4
I was moved from GNE to EDF - GNE were pretty much the first to go

the transfer took months and months - for quite a while I was still paying GNE but apparently the money was filtered to EDF

The DD was moved with no action on my part - which seems strange but worked well and was convenient

I seem to think it took nearly 6 months before I was fully over to EDF

(additional note - EDF were very good in the meantime - kept the rate the same - or even lower - than GNE had )

How long ago was that?
Avro to Octopus here - no bills yet despite having submitted a few readings.
Same here.
I was only with Avro Energy for about a month,before that i was with guess who...octopus! so i've still got my old online password for the account.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Avro to Octopus here.
The final bill for Avro was issued the other day, which is odd as I contacted Octopus to say I had the final meter readings and they responded to say they would ask for them in due course. - Which they haven't. But I'll have a look at the Octopus email in more detail later in the week when I'm doing all the other paperwork crap.

Top Bottom