Energy bill increases

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
How long ago was that?

Same here.
I was only with Avro Energy for about a month, before that i was with guess who...octopus! so i've still got my old online password for the account.
Just looking and there's an entry in my Octopus account that says :

25 SEP
SOLR balance transfer We credited your account £346.67

When it comes to energy bills, the way things are, I don't think shopping around will make much difference. It will still be expensive. I am with Octopus and have no plans to change.

I think it is only the default rate tariffs that are covered by the price cap so moving to even the cheapest fixed tariff will cost more, if anyones fixed rate is running out I think the best course of action is do nothing and get put on the default rate.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I think it is only the default rate tariffs that are covered by the price cap so moving to even the cheapest fixed tariff will cost more, if anyones fixed rate is running out I think the best course of action is do nothing and get put on the default rate.
Yes, cheapest fixed plan was £84 more expensive the last time I looked. The uncertainty is how much variable plans will increase in April and whether they will then fall enough by the end of the one year fix to be cheaper than fixing. There's a small uncertainty whether the provider goes bust and dumps you back on a variable plan before you save anything. And I've not read the small print.

johnnyb47

Guru
Well after today's anouncment that our heating bills will sky rocket by around £700 I will be using the turbo trainer in the kitchen just to keep warm. Also the spare sofa will get chopped up for fire wood.
Seriously though, this is going to cause huge problems for a lot of people

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's going to cause lots of issues for many folk. Also mortgage rates going up (thank god mine is paid off). Fortunately we're going to be in the office more now, so the heating/electric will come down. I''m closely monitoring electric costs - about time those leccy car drivers paid the going rate TBH. My gas costs are low.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Think my app maybe wrong but I’m in credit by large lump on my gas ?? Strange , they did yank up my DD as well back in September. Leccy is £100 off in credit , gas £400 odd :ohmy:

Everything is hitting the poorer people at the moment
We are dead lucky that we are OK and have a fair amount of head room if we need it but I worried about other people I know because of mortgages and energy on top of inflation being 7%+

iluvmybike

Über Member
I turned my heating off in November and turned the water temperature down, extra blanket on bed and warm clothes during the day - sorted
You are fortuate to be able to do that. We have a 90 yr old bed-bound and very, very frail mother with dementia - the house has to be kept warm for her and hot water on tap for all her laundry requirements - no choice for her. I dread to think what her bills will be now

Top Bottom