Energy bill increases

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Stick it outside...? I have just hung a load out myself, another is just finishing in the washer

It’s raining !

presta

Guru
Last September Martin Lewis was advising people to do nothing because the price cap was already the cheapest option. At that time I took out a Shell fixed price deal that was a 73% price hike, but now it's £600 cheaper than the current price cap, and it's fixed until Sept 2023.
1652442495476.png

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Unlike my old washer dryer, the new 'energy saving' one won't dry the load unless I keep taking it out and rearranging it, otherwise the middle of the bundle stays damp. With all that faff it's easier to use the line if the weather's fine.
Too much in the load?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Last September Martin Lewis was advising people to do nothing because the price cap was already the cheapest option. At that time I took out a Shell fixed price deal that was a 73% price hike, but now it's £600 cheaper than the current price cap, and it's fixed until Sept 2023.
View attachment 644465
Congratulations on effectively predicting the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Given that it effectively started 8 years ago, it wasn't really a big leap of the imagination!
ok, "new phase of". Pedants.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
ok, "new phase of". Pedants.

Given that Russia began its massive troop build-up on the Ukrainian border in March/April 2021, it still wasn't really a big leap of the imagination in September 2021! :laugh:

(I remember discussing this with friends last autumn and suggesting that an invasion would take place as soon as the worst of the coming winter was over with.)

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
The price of firewood hasn't gone up much. You may even be able to scrounge it. My mother gets tons from a former neighbour with 7.5 acres of woodland and constantly falling trees.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Ofgem have indicated the price cap could reach £2800 pa in October. That's £54/week. I can't begin to imagine how low income households will cope with this.

I'm not bringing politics to this thread or forum but surely the government will have to find a solution? A £200 loan won't hack it.

In this house it will be slow cooker, microwave, blankets and I'll be upping my ongoing search for fallen trees. I'm also planning to get fuel in for the multi-fuel burner.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I'm increasingly relieved to have fixed prices in Sept 2021, and concerned what it'll be at in Sept 2023. We're fortunate to be OK financially. Others absolutely won't be and with further price increases going into the winter rent/mortgage, fuel, food all going up something's got to give.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
My mothers DD since she switched to her new rate has gone from £70 a month to £170 ! My current rate ends in Sept I’m expecting a big jump from what is already a large amount compared to some on here.

Top Bottom