Energy Gels Vs Jelly Babies........are they much better??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
[QUOTE="ChrisEyles, post: 3594209, member: 33746"
Tools, spare tubes and other necessary inconveniences are relegated to a tool roll under the saddle. This is also probably larger than it strictly needs to be!

Now that is something I have not thought of (fairly new to serious cycling)..........
any particular tool roll ??
How do you fix it ??
(just looking for tips^_^)

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
[QUOTE="ChrisEyles, post: 3594209, member: 33746"
Tools, spare tubes and other necessary inconveniences are relegated to a tool roll under the saddle. This is also probably larger than it strictly needs to be!

Now that is something I have not thought of (fairly new to serious cycling)..........
any particular tool roll ??
How do you fix it ??
(just looking for tips^_^)
Get a tool bottle, carry it in your second bottle rack. The larger ones happily carry a multi-tool, tyre levers, patches, a tube and some CO2 (depending on what size tubes you are running).

ChrisEyles

Guru
Tool bottle is a great suggestion, and almost certainly more convenient than my tool roll... but I like the look of the roll on my 1960s ten speed, so I'm sticking with that!

Here's a pic if you're curious - it's just a bog standard tool roll:
P1030545.JPG P1030546.JPG
It's tied onto the saddle/seat post with a pair of old toe straps, and I really like the look of it on the bike.

From left to right - puncture repair kit, tyre levers, spare tube, pump, multi-tool part 1, cable ties, multi-tool part 2 + multi spanner with one of those hooks for tightening up bottom bracket lock rings. I had to modify the spacing of the compartments a tiny bit to get a good fit, but this wasn't tricky.

Version 2.0 will have extra large external pocket for on-the-move jelly baby scoffing ;)

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Get a tool bottle, carry it in your second bottle rack. The larger ones happily carry a multi-tool, tyre levers, patches, a tube and some CO2 (depending on what size tubes you are running).

Thanks.
I have seen that idea in use and while it is good.........When I am on longer rides I need both bottles for drinks.

CUBE CRD

I love high 5 gels they taste lovley and work for me with no issues however i used sis for the first time today and i had to stop and sit on a farm driveway to prevemt me sh*tting mself at one point. Dont fancy that again!

Funny that - I can eat the SIS gels but the High 5 ones give me the runs.Carry a cork just in case ;)

jack smith

Veteran
The high 5 ones laste lovley i think and are like a drink that tastes natural whereas the sis taste like they are un natural i think and are alot thicker

tjones

I always carry jelly babies as an emergency energy boost

Am also a bit of a jelly baby snob, never buy the Haribo ones if you are after a Bassetts style jelly baby. I find Aldi sell quality jelly babies at half the price of major brands.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I always carry jelly babies as an emergency energy boost

Am also a bit of a jelly baby snob, never buy the Haribo ones if you are after a Bassetts style jelly baby. I find Aldi sell quality jelly babies at half the price of major brands.
You cant be a snob AND shop at Aldi .

Top Bottom