energy powder/drinks for taking abroad on holiday ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I normally buy energy drink (powder) in large tubs from Holland & Barrett (ISO Energy).
Going abroad (Menorca) and will be hiring a bike for just 2 days.
I will want an energy drink before I start the ride and one for during the 30/40 mile ride.
I assume it will be hot (it better b****y had be :smile: )
The obvious answer is to put some of my powder in a small container but wonder if I can get small sachets or tablets at a none exorbitant price.
To my knowledge suppliers i.e. Chain Reaction understandably have minimum charges for free post.
I don't want jells as they affect my stomach.

vickster

Legendary Member
High 5 tablets? Can't you just buy from a local bike shop rather than online? Halfords do free click & collect if not in store

Or H&B sell these http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/powerbar-5-electrolytes-mango-60042442

The water will get hot on the bike, so I'd just stop and buy cold water or a soft drink like Oasis as needed

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
Have you tried riding without using them? Be assured the shop you hire the bike from will sell energy drinks/bars/sachets as there is no way they will miss a chance to upsell.

S-Express

Really not necessary to drink an energy drink either before or during rides of that distance.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Top Bottom