energy powder/drinks for taking abroad on holiday ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Tried that and it made me burp so loud I startled the wildlife !
Thats why you also buy a bottle of water and split the coke(I prefer sprite or 7up) 50/50 in your bidons.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
High 5 tablets? Can't you just buy from a local bike shop rather than online? Halfords do free click & collect if not in store

Or H&B sell these http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/powerbar-5-electrolytes-mango-60042442

The water will get hot on the bike, so I'd just stop and buy cold water or a soft drink like Oasis as needed
High5 tablets are what I'll be taking with me to the European Alps next month. They come in reasonably small packages, so they're convenient to travel with.
They contain no sugar, and they're not energy drinks really, they're just to restore what you lose in sweating.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
They contain no sugar, and they're not energy drinks really, they're just to restore what you lose in sweating.
How can a tablet do that? What about plain water?

Ajax Bay

Guru
I normally buy energy drink (powder) in large tubs
So do I (High5 4:1 carbs/protein) and use it for long (eg 100km + rides). Shorter than that: water will be fine.
Individual sachets are always going to be less cost effective than buying in bulk.
Yes, so the solution is to go to a stationers or similar and buy a pack of 100 (say) little bags which seal for pennies and decant 50g into each one from the OP's big tub. The stuff (see above) I use costs about a penny a gramme and 50g 'treats' a litre (of water) at the strength I prefer, giving one 185 kcals.
Really not necessary to drink an energy drink either before or during rides of that distance.
I agree. This is a bit like runners (tend to be readers of Running World/Womens' Running) carrying a bottle of water during a hour's run.

Top Bottom