energy powder/drinks for taking abroad on holiday ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajax Bay

Guru
OP asks specific question about X
Well actually, starting this 'chat' thread, the OP does not ask a question.
And the implied question is a fairly useless (for seeking people's advice) one - I think it is "Can I get small sachets or tablets [of 'energy' drink powder] at a none (sic) exorbitant price?" (Define non-exorbitant)
I hope the OP found my response useful which included reinforcing that the OP's first reaction of decanting stuff he knows he/his guts like into a smaller container is the straightforward and economic answer (and the small plastic bag option solves carriage in a back pocket during the ride).
Do you think you have advice or suggestions worth sharing?

I'm sick of recursive unhelpful post complaints. ;)
More seriously, he's been given actual useful suggestions amongst the chaff, including Evans and Decathlon and it took me about 45 seconds to find out wiggle sell them too. So the question has been answered, and the OP hasn't revisited to like or reply. I think that makes it open season for off topic posts.

And I held back on criticising his self-censorship of bloody, which isn't actually an obscenity, but was labelled such by priggish 18th century types, probably because they didn't have to word "chav" to label the people they regarded as lower class.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
More seriously, he's been given actual useful suggestions amongst the chaff, including Evans and Decathlon and it took me about 45 seconds to find out wiggle sell them too. So the question has been answered, and the OP hasn't revisited to like or reply. I think that makes it open season for off topic posts.

And I held back on criticising his self-censorship of bloody, which isn't actually an obscenity, but was labelled such by priggish 18th century types, probably because they didn't have to word "chav" to label the people they regarded as lower class.
Indeed............some very good suggestions.......as is often the case on CC.
My phone will, for some reason, not allow me to participate/answer...........just view........so I cant respond without opening up the laptop.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Honestly, if it's hot, just stop and buy a cold bottle of coke. You'll appreciate it more, and it will taste nicer. I love coke. Mmm. Coke.
Nasty nasty stuff. Have you seen what it does if you leave a 3d piece soaking in it :smile:
Besides that........I only enjoy it if diluted with whisky.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
:smile: classic cyclechat thread.

OP asks specific question about X

Everyone ignores the question and piles in with "X is unnecessary, I don't use X, I use Y instead, no Y is rubbish, use Z it's cheaper"
Have to agree with that sentiment. All too often the OP asks what (to him) is a sensible & pleasant question only to be shot down. I am all for a bit of banter but we shouldn't just over ride the OP's question/feelings/thoughts.

Top Bottom