Engine off in car park.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Was the obfuscation deliberate?

It would have been much easier to state that you can be done for using a mobile phone while the car is parked and the engine in running. All other details were surplus.

OP
OP
S

screenman

Legendary Member
I thought the original post was about parking, but I see now its about using the mobile with the engine running, are you saying Lincoln City Council should warn people to turn of their engines before paying for parking ?

I think some people need educating on the subject I know I did. For sure plenty of people in this cold weather will be sitting with their engines running keeping the car warm and dry until they get out of it.

Mind you as somebody no doubt will soon point out, ignorance of the law etc.

OP
OP
S

screenman

Legendary Member
Was the obfuscation deliberate?

It would have been much easier to state that you can be done for using a mobile phone while the car is parked and the engine in running. All other details were surplus.

Boy I bet you are great fun in a pub.

It was a story with a point, you and one or two other really should put me on your ignore list, it would save you a lot of time, but of course lessen your post count.^_^

Globalti

Legendary Member
It would take a very unreasonable Police officer to ticket somebody for doing that; either the officer was hungry and in a bad temper or the driver got nowty and escalated the situation. Police officers I know would simply give the driver a friendly warning and advise them to off the engine.

OP
OP
S

screenman

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 2904279, member: 45"]Sounds a bit fishy to me. Are you sure he had the handbrake on during all of the call or is he telling porkies?[/quote]

He did not even have the key in the ignition.

OP
OP
S

screenman

Legendary Member
It would take a very unreasonable Police officer to ticket somebody for doing that; either the officer was hungry and in a bad temper or the driver got nowty and escalated the situation. Police officers I know would simply give the driver a friendly warning and advise them to off the engine.

Naughty.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I thought the original post was about parking, but I see now its about using the mobile with the engine running, are you saying Lincoln City Council should warn people to turn of their engines before paying for parking ?

I'd say that people should be conversant with the law and know that it's illegal to use a mobile phone in a stationary car with the engine running even if in a car park.

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/legal-advice/mobile-phones.html

OP
OP
S

screenman

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 2904291, member: 45"]Then I suggest he appeals. If she's telling the truth.

As it is your OP suggests that his engine was running.[/quote]
The engine was running.

Top Bottom