• Not really

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

• Not at all

• Are England still in it?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, because we'll have the circus of another manager appointment?

• Yes, Engerland, Engerland, Engerland...

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melvil

Oh. My. God.

fuzzy29

Apart from the obvious disappointment, I can't help thinking what the odds of that first half were...

I could have bought a new bike for a £1 bet!!!

Elmer Fudd said:
Slightly O/T. Is it true that Yorkshire C.C.C. was the last one to drop the rule that you were of Yorkshire stock to play for them ?

That rule is in fact the reason I was born in Yorkshire. My family are from West Yorkshire for generations back and I was the first of the current generation. My parents were living in Kent when my mum was pregnant with me and she came all the way back to Leeds just to drop me, just in case I became a County level spin bowler or something. Shame I turned out to be crap at cricket (and indeed all ball games).:blush:

Bigtallfatbloke

we were appalling and did not deserve to qualify. McClaren should and will take the can, but to be honest those overpaid players need to as well. But I suppose they can look forward to a summer on the beach instead of the pitch and on those salaries I know which one I'd choose. They didnt want to win, it was just another paycheck for them.

Blue

Legendary Member
:blush::laugh::smile:

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Rhythm Thief said:
That rule is in fact the reason I was born in Yorkshire. My family are from West Yorkshire for generations back and I was the first of the current generation. My parents were living in Kent when my mum was pregnant with me and she came all the way back to Leeds just to drop me, just in case I became a County level spin bowler or something. Shame I turned out to be crap at cricket (and indeed all ball games).:blush:
Your new avatar could hold a clutch of cricket balls !

mondobongo

Über Member
What is really sticking in my craw over this is Maclarens total lack of balls.
When the game finished why could he not do the honourable thing and resign if nothing else for the good of the team.

He is not destitute by any means, but no he will wait to be sacked and accept a compensation deal.

Haitch

Flim Flormally
mondobongo said:
What is really sticking in my craw over this is Maclarens total lack of balls.

Apart from his total lack of balls, what about his total lack of ability? After the Russia game he said he couldn't understand what had gone wrong. After last night's game he said he still had to work out what had gone wrong!

mondobongo

Über Member
Ability does not have a clue. A truly crucial game he decides to tinker.
Wants to drop Robinson fine, play James he has the experience and has played well for Pompey recently. David Beckham a 'Talismanic' player left on the bench. Finally simply where was the players motivation?

And McClaren's successor will be another 'fukk-wit, yes-man'!
The writing was on the wall in the 70s when the FA should have appointed Brian Clough: but he was too outspoken and controversial, but arguably the best manager in the world at the time!
So Don Revie, Ron Greenwood, Graham Taylor, Glenn Hoddle, Kevin Keegan came along; then went. Probably jolly nice chaps, but CRAP managers.
Bobby Robson, Terry Venables, even possibly Sven-Göran Eriksson, were reasonable managers. Terry Venables was treated badly by the FA and should have been supported when his court-case was on.
Simply, you pick the best man for the job. Not a PR man, or a yes man, or a decent man; the best man, but who that might be at the moment is anybody's guess! :blush:
And I'm not even too interested in football. :smile:

Pete

Are there to be no red-and-white flags fluttering at car windows next year? So that we can tell which ones are the idiot w***ers driving? Explain to me please. :blush::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom