• Not really

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

• Not at all

• Are England still in it?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, because we'll have the circus of another manager appointment?

• Yes, Engerland, Engerland, Engerland...

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tetedelacourse

What a cracking game that was. England were god-awful, Croatia looked decent but not great. Carson made two great saves but they wont be remembered. Beckham made a difference for 20 minutes after he came on but then got tired. At 2-2, Campbell and Lescott went up for a corner. WTF? McLaren again admitting he didn't know what had gone wrong is cringe-worthy. Wright-Phillips was unlucky to be taken off at half-time, and unlucky he plays the same position as Beckham as I thought he looked dangerous. The defending was woeful though.

I expected Shearer to come up with excuses but he was refreshingly scathing of both the players and the manager.

Mourinho next would be a good bet. Or maybe Barry Fry.

Tetedelacourse said:
Mourinho next would be a good bet. Or maybe Barry Fry.

I read that as Bryan Ferry! :blush: But, hey! why not?
Or Brian May.

OP
OP
andyoxon

andyoxon

Guru
Why did the FA give SMcC a 4yr contract, when the international cycle is 2yrs? It's unsurprising he’ll not resign, be sacked, and receive a reputed ~2.5 million pounds. The England players go back to their £100K/week premiership contracts. The same FA committee who appointed SmC as manager will stay put and pick the next one. And so the circle of things continue...

gavintc

Guru
I think there is need for an internal home nations competition to be run co-incidentally with the European Cup. A 'losers' cup?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Tetedelacourse said:
A Failures Unification Cup. A FUCUP

:blush::biggrin::biggrin:

or perhaps the Dyslexic competition : a Failures United Kingdom Cup. A FUKCUP

llllllll

Why sack the manager? It was Euro 96 when we last played well (regularly well away, there's been the odd moment since) and in that time we've had four managers. So we play badly, sack the manager, bring in a new manager, still play badly, sack him etc, etc......... It isn't the manager that scores goals (or not in Englands case) or makes goal keeping blunders, how about sacking the players? Or giving them performance related pay?

Arch

Married to Night Train
My supervisor just said, I ought to get my application in for England Manager. I pointed out I knew bugger all about football. He said he didn't think it would be a problem...

postman

Legendary Member
May have seen this when Mr Jol got the boot.But what the heck.Steve went out to his local in Yarm today.Helped an old lady over the road.Can you manage love,? he enquired .Better than you can apparently,She replied.

Top Bottom