Enought time for event?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Thing is ive got no idea how to do it, well i could put the parts on but dont know what to get.
I could go into a bike shop but i feel like im just handing half my salary over to them at the moment haha

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Worth checking out.[/QUOTE]

If its the Triban
the gearing though doesn't go so low with a 12-25 cassette.

CRANKSET / CASSETTE

Sunrace 9-speed 12x25 cassette (12/13/14/15/17/19/21/23/25).
Shimano Sora 50X39X30 chainset.
170 mm cranks in XS/S/M.175 mm cranks in L/XL.

I personally would look to get a wider range cassette. A local bike shop should be able to guide you if the cass will fit without changing the derailleur

see thesehttps://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/shimano-alivio-hg400-9-speed-mtb-cassette/rp-prod119945

If its as easy as just buying that for 20 quid and fitting it then im all over it! Cant be that simple though?

Could do with a couple extra gear to get me up hills, sometimes im in the lowest gear and still struggle

If your rear derailleur is a Sora RD-R3000, then a new 11-34t cassette will fit. Probably also need a new chain. Under £40 for parts, so shouldn't be excessively pricey at lbs. But would make a hell of a difference.

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Hmmm interesting, definitely will look into this

CXRAndy

Guru
Hmmm interesting, definitely will look into this

A quick easy check to see if the derailleur has adjustment. You put the chain on the biggest gear on cassette, and on smallest chainring. With a screwdriver adjust this ' B screw, by turning clockwise. You should see the derailleur move backwards away from the cass gear. If it does then you will just need a cassette swap.
read this. https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...FjAOegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw1HmL3-UVwnvWuyPtQ25dDp

See this

Attachments

• 20190303_143428.jpg
    20190303_143428.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

12boy

Guru
Second on the stretching...should do daily. Back strain can be referred into leg pain, but a more upright position can help with that, as does having a strong core. The more upright position can also take some stress of your hands, shoulders and neck. This is why touring bikes have a more upright position because a long time bent over, craning your neck to see can get very old quckly. My knees rarely hurt, but I keep my saddle high enough so my heel barely touches the pedal on the downstroke. I've found this makes it easier to spin and works your calves more which works the quads a bit less. The less pain you have the less tired you will be.

Top Bottom