Ergon saddle on a brompton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirtyhanz2

Hi all does anyone know if an ergon saddle will fit on a brompton I am looking at the sfc3
I have always used a Brooks saddle on my touring bikes but just can not get a comfortable position with it on the brompton
The saddle that came with the brompton there standard saddle is a thing of pure torture
Thanks for any advice

12boy

Guru
Any standard saddle will fit.

u_i

Über Member
That said, I have a Selle SMP trk saddle on my Brompton. It was fairly easy to fit ... once I'd picked all the little bits of that damn pentaclip thingy up off the floor and figured out how to put it back together.

Selle SMP TRK on our two Bromptons too - a good compromise between weight, comfort and price. I changed the Pentaclip bolt to one with a hexagonal head to allow for grabbing the head from the side.

Tenkaykev

Guru
I found the stock saddle ok then someone gave me a Charge Spoon which was very good. I’m currently using a Brooks Cambium C17 which is excellent.

Tenkaykev

Guru
The perceived comfort must be tied to person's weight. I found sitting on Cambium comparable to sitting on an edge of car tire - one of the worst saddles I ever tried.
I got a Brooks B17 for a good price a while ago. It's currently fitted to the Turbo trainer as I thought it would be a good way of getting used to it. The Cambium was originally fitted to the Turbo and I found it very uncomfortable but thought I'd try it on the Brommie anyway. It felt completely different, I hadn't realised that the bike geometry could make so much difference.

12boy

Guru
I replaced my pentaclip bolt with a bolt long enough to put a nylok nut on the other side, because I figured after a while the Al threads would wear out. They have not. Kinda like wearing a belt and suspenders.

mitchibob

Über Member
Why don't you put the saddle from the Brompton on it?

:laugh:

Having done a load of distance on it, I was seriously thinking about it, especially as I'm recovering from broken leg and wrist and unable to ride out of the saddle yet, so might be improvement on long turbo sessions. However, the reason I took it off in the first place as it was beginning to fall apart, and I don't really want to cannibalise my other brommie. Plus, I've always found it a little too soft, and not sure it's really suitable for riding position on the road bike, especially in the TT bars.

But yeah... it has been a thought :-)

Top Bottom