Etape Caledonia 2012 (etape virgin)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think it might have been Leslie bike shop jerseys? I thought the same thing a few times!

Great ride by the way, well done!
I think it might have been Leslie bike shop jerseys? I thought the same thing a few times!

Great ride by the way, well done!
I doubt its the LBS (that acronym on Fife forums is confusing at first!) Other than being white and made by Endura its nothing like a CC top, grey sleeves, lots of red and lots of sponsors.

Nebulous

Guru
Well that was a slightly strange weekend. I broke my chain early evening on Saturday. I went out and did the first 10 miles of the course and on the way back it was slipping a bit. I went to check it and one of the side plates was snapped and another was halfway through. By this time it was 7pm, but fortunately the bike shop in Pitlochry was still open and sold me a chain.

On the day I missed my start wave and went out in O instead of K, but I came in 3 minutes faster than last year. I was slightly disappointed in that, but looking at the resullts I've moved up from around 1100th last year to under 500th this year, so clearly some progress!

Fubar

Guru
Just back at work today so obviously back on CC :thumbsup:, not sure I can say I enjoyed cycling the route but really enjoyed finishing it! BIG achievement for me just to finish, which was my only aim - total time 6 hours 50 mins, and I wasn't last! Weather was obviously shocking, though at least it didn't snow. Good weekend all round, legs not too bad so think I'll be back next year looking to improve my time.

Fubar

Guru
Thanks for adding this - I didn't know you could and have now registered as well.

I take it that's just registering an interest (which I've done) not signing up? Saw mention in the Courier of a 24-hour window for applicants.

edwardd67

Overall I was disappointed with my time 5hrs 50mins, nursed my mate round to 50miles only started really going for it last 31 miles.
Think sub 5 hours would be a realistic target for next time .

Top Bottom