Etape Caledonia 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Have a look at the FAQ here, scroll down to Race Day Information - How do I find my wave time and follow the link:
http://www.etapecaledonia.co.uk/faq
Cheers
Stig

dhd.evans

Veteran
Good ride today; involved in a three-person crash coming down Schiehallion (someone spun out, took someone with her and i just couldn't stop in time - result was two gubbed carbon bikes and one completely fine Triban) but otherwise unremarkable. Logierait ending was absolutely killer. Cashed in at 4hrs 26mins. Happy bunny i am for my first long ride and first sportive! Bring one Etape 2015!

Couple of my team mates faired pretty well, 22nd and 23rd, so chuffed for them. I was, sadly, at the Fred Whitton which can only be described as hell on a bike!

To put in perspective i thought i was riding on flat road and looked at the Garmin to see i was at 11%.

At the Fred Whitton 11% feels like the flat! :sad:

As for Hardknott and Honister. Never again - at least not without a medium cage and 30-32 cassette.

Well done to those who kicked ass at the Etape. I have fonder memories of this event.

Fubar

Guru
Official time for me was 4 hours 30 mins, moving time 4:25 which is over an hour faster than last year so very happy :smile:

Fubar

Guru
The only main annoying thing about this ride (and probably most other sportives) is the poor etiquette shown by some cyclists - I had several who passed me on the left without any warning, one at speed as I was slowing to turn left - I gave them all a shout however was met with blank looks or ignored. There was one other guy who on approach to the sharp left at the end of Loch Rannoch bombed up, shouted "brakes! brakes!" while screeching to a halt then once round the corner was head-down bombing on again.

If there is one thing to put me off entering events in future it's the thought of being taken out by someone acting totally irresponsibly.

adscrim

Veteran
I had some words with one guy who waited until we were crossing a bridge on the south side of loch rannoch before throwing his gel wrapper in the burn.

On the upside, I did get to spin along while having a chat to a certain Mr Chis Boardman (plus I had a faster time than him, although he didn't break sweat and stopped at least once to give an interview).

Top Bottom