Etape Caledonia 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dhd.evans

Veteran
Lost mine really early on, wasn't too much of a pain in the arse. But still, no pins is bad practice!

edwardd67

The only main annoying thing about this ride (and probably most other sportives) is the poor etiquette shown by some cyclists - I had several who passed me on the left without any warning, one at speed as I was slowing to turn left - I gave them all a shout however was met with blank looks or ignored. There was one other guy who on approach to the sharp left at the end of Loch Rannoch bombed up, shouted "brakes! brakes!" while screeching to a halt then once round the corner was head-down bombing on again.

If there is one thing to put me off entering events in future it's the thought of being taken out by someone acting totally irresponsibly.
Its the 3rd year in a row I've rode the Etap and I would say this was the worst, seriously thinking about giving it a miss next year.
Lost count of the number of times people tried to pass on the left or stop without warning.

Copo

This was my first sportive. Really enjoyed it, and I got safety pins when I picked up the pack :tongue:

I didn't really have too much of a problem with people passing in the left, I had a couple of people wondering all over the road making it hard to get passed, but nothing to get stressed about.

Managed to finish in 4hours 53mins which I was pretty chuffed about really^_^ I'd never ridden so fast for any kind of distance in the past.

Have already signed up for next year and a couple of other events throughout the year.

Top Bottom