Etape Caledonia - Oh well, nice idea while it lasted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
viniga said:
Well done going up the Crow Road!

It's a different sort of hill from the Schiehallion, which is steep in bits then flattens off with a few gradual rises and even some downhill. Crow Road generally stays at the same grade for most of the way (gets a bit steeper after the car park I think).

On schiehallion you will use a wide variey of gears and would (well I would) get out of the saddle a fair bit. On crow road you select a gear and go up in that gear all the way.

Ah, is it a bit more like Tak Ma Doon then. That was another old haunt from last year. It has some very steep sections, but for some reason I find it easier than Crow Road.

BJH

Über Member
Cheers for the links !

LynnA

Well, it was nice whilst it lasted for me too!! Unfortunately I will not be participating as my husband is to be made redundant and it seems extravagent to spend money travelling to and from Scotland from sunny Kent and staying in a hotel for a couple of nights, when we will require money for our mortgage!!

I am so sorry I will not get to meet those of you who are particpating, but I am optimistic that I will enter the challenge next year. I will certainly continue with my training and be fitter and faster for those challenging hills!

I look forward to reading about your exploits after the event - best wishes to all of you - enjoy the day!

LynnA said:
Well, it was nice whilst it lasted for me too!! Unfortunately I will not be participating as my husband is to be made redundant and it seems extravagent to spend money travelling to and from Scotland from sunny Kent and staying in a hotel for a couple of nights, when we will require money for our mortgage!!

I am so sorry I will not get to meet those of you who are particpating, but I am optimistic that I will enter the challenge next year. I will certainly continue with my training and be fitter and faster for those challenging hills!

I look forward to reading about your exploits after the event - best wishes to all of you - enjoy the day!

That's a shame LynnA! :smile:

Fingers crossed that things work out for you and your husband.

Herbie

Veteran
etape caledonia

bit mean not to get a medal if over time limit.also the broomwagon must be huge as theres potentially hundreds of riders in such a big field that might struggle to finish

Top Bottom